Hacking RGH console help

EmulateLife

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Jasper older white model 360 arcade that was rgh'd in the summer and it worked perfectly until today. When I power it on the green light comes on in the middle of the circle but it never shows on the TV and it wont sync with the controller, the circle on the console just shows 4 blank spots with the green in the middle. It was on HDMI I tried a different HDMI chord and a component cable but same results on all. Theres no indication of red ring at all. Please help?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
De attach all harddrives from the console and boot it with the Eject button.
If it turns on then there's nothing serious going on.

Also, a bit more info on what your 360 is would be lovely.
Slim/Phat, mobo revision, RGH version, chip version etc.

EmulateLife

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I mentioned it's a phat Jasper arcade. All I know is rgh 2 I don't know about the chip.

I tried detaching all hdds and hitting eject it ejects and same thing power shows green in middle of circle can't sync to controller and no signal on tv.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hmm, it sounds like it can't achieve a a proper glitch then.
Other then disassembling the 360 and checking the debug light (should be a blinking light on the chip which indicates it's trying to glitch) there's nothing much you can do beside trying to flash a freshly hacked NAND or reinstalling the chip again (possibly needing a new chip)

EmulateLife

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was afraid of that. I'm going to contact the person who rgh'd the console and see what he can do and the cost. thanks

I probably should have mentioned there was some external damage to the console when I got it back I filed a claim with the post office and got a check for $50 due to it. I thought it only effected the outer case but maybe it effected something else but like I said it worked until today.

Last edited by ,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hmm the shell damage wouldn't do anything that negatively affects the interior (DVD drive might be a bit dented)
Unless the person who hacked it has secured his wires thoroughly that is.

Wires could be shifted, chip could be dead (not very likely but possible)
Tho I suspect the first tho, hence reinstalling the chip is a likely candidate for fixing it.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
On shifted wires then wasn't there at some points a routing diagram so you avoided noisy components (naturally in straight lines from one point to the other) that might trouble the glitch sequence? As it is just looking at the wires and retaping (maybe hot snot for the really advanced) that might be worth a look. Likewise if it is apart then some photos could help show a cold joint or something.

EmulateLife

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guy who RGH'd it is just charging me $10 to reflash it plus return shipping. I thought that was pretty fair, already sent it off.

EmulateLife

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well no but I've dealt with him for awhile and trust him and he told me not to pay until it's fixed. He's flashed 2 360s to play burned discs before and I used to get torrent notices so he'd sell me 360 backups and always came through for like 3 years. I bought tons of backups from him.

Last edited by ,

EmulateLife

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you don't seem to be in America where they're sue happy and I got like 5 notices for torrenting, specifically my ISP are dicks they setup a department just where it was people's jobs to watch torrenting and they're the only one around me. Now I know other sites that aren't torrents but didn't then. Doesn't matter it's in the past the point is I trust the guy.

Last edited by ,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Private torrent networks, VPNs, Usenet.
All alternative options.

Then again, yeh, I don't live in the states, but it can't be that bad really.
Anyway, it isn't me business either.
All I know is that if he gets caught, he's facing some serious jail time ;')

I hope he'll fix it for you.
Good luck with it!

EmulateLife

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure you're aware the Xbox 360 is pretty much dead I doubt he's selling many backups lately, certainly not any to me in the last year or so.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the...