• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 3,920
  • Replies 7
D

Deleted User

OP
Hello all,
So I bought a Corona RGH(2) 360 Slim 2 days ago; I have set it all up within those said 2 days with Aurora Dash, DashLaunch, filled the HDD with a few 360/Original Xbox games, etc.
And all of a sudden, just about half an hour ago now, the RGH seems to be on an endless glitching cycle whenever I power it on, with times where it will periodically glitch faster than usual (in other words, sometimes you can hear it glitch 2-3 times in a row pretty fast) and nothing at all appears on the screen anytime soon; yet in the past 2 days the boot times have been amazing, ranging from only 5-20 seconds on average...

The only thing I can really think of worth mentioning is that I was playing a Sonic Unleashed beta disc dump prior to this incident happening, and the console had suddenly froze to a completely-dark-green screen whilst playing one of the levels. So, naturally, I attempted to restart my 360 via the power button, and ever since then the 360 has now been on that endless glitching cycle I spoke about earlier, whenever I try to power it on again!

What possibly could have happened? :( Could something have fried all of a sudden inside my console that I now have to look into and get fixed?

Last edited by ,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Pull the plug on it for 30 seconds and retry.
If you geel you got trouble glitching, boot it via the eject button and then retry.

Booting older bootloaders by relying on a glitch means it's unreliable by nature.
the only thing GliGli and Tiros dis was to almost close the unpredictable gap to make it more reliable.

If this continues to happen, you've gotten a shoddy soldering job.
One way you can mend this is shorten the CPU_RST wire a bit at the time or send it back and demand it being fixed.

DarkGabbz

Resident XBOX Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Pull the plug on it for 30 seconds and retry.
If you geel you got trouble glitching, boot it via the eject button and then retry.

Booting older bootloaders by relying on a glitch means it's unreliable by nature.
the only thing GliGli and Tiros dis was to almost close the unpredictable gap to make it more reliable.

If this continues to happen, you've gotten a shoddy soldering job.
One way you can mend this is shorten the CPU_RST wire a bit at the time or send it back and demand it being fixed.
He can hear the glitches as a beep ( i have the same problem).

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You can solder the debug led to the ROL or a buzzer yes but if the installer just soldered it on you can't hear it, except the fans from kicking up every glitch if you listen VERY carefully.

D

Deleted User

OP
@DinohScene, Opened up my 360 to see if it could be shoddy soldering, and it pretty much looks that way:

IMG_0324.JPG

IMG_0323.JPG

And the problems just don't stop there; after putting back together my 360, and trying the best as I can to fit back my power button ribbon cable correctly (first time ever trying to disassemble and re-assemble a console fyi), the 360 power button now acts as the eject button and vice-versa... :wink:
And still after 20 minutes now, the console is still in an endless glitch cycle after I powered it on.

This 360 was definitely not a good investment... I'm really more of a software guy than a hardware guy, and it's the initial reason I threw in some cash for a pre-RGH'd 360 in the first place. And looking at my efforts to reassemble my own 360 at the moment, it's completely put me off of even wanting to try and attempt to JTAG/RGH a fresh system myself.

Last edited by ,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Shit that wiring....

I'd try and send it back to the installer and demand they fix it.
You could send it to me n I could take a look at it.
I'm not promising anything but I can do me best for it.

D

Deleted User

OP
I'm contacting the seller now for a refund; luckily he stated I would be covered by Ebay's money-back guarantee for the first 2 weeks.
I'm not going to bother sending it back to have it fixed or anything, I'll just get back the money and that's it.
The 360 scene is just a bit too tedious for me atm I think, and I really don't feel like risking going through the same or similar shit I've gone through today... :/

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.