rgb

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by TaMs, Dec 17, 2006.

Dec 17, 2006

rgb by TaMs at 8:09 AM (1,162 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. TaMs
    OP

Member TaMs Randomizer

Finland
    Is there anyway to get the audio out from wii if im using rgb cable? Because i would like to use my amplifier... those tv speakers just arent good enough..

2. shtonkalot

Member shtonkalot Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!

Australia
    Yes, if you are using the 5 RCA connector RGB component cables you just need to plug the two audio connectors into your amp.
    To do this you may need some RCA male/female extension cables and depending on your amps inputs you may need to convert the plug ends. Probably your amp supports RCA audio input though.

3. TaMs
    OP

Member TaMs Randomizer

Finland
    What if i have scart? my tv is so old that it doesnt support component.. could i get those audios like soldering left and right audio out from the scart or something?

4. deufeufeu

Member deufeufeu GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Cote d'Ivoire
    some simple way is to have already one other console with scart and audio output, like the cable on my ps2. Then with a scart multiplexer every audio signal is always rerouted to the audio output of the ps2 cable. Thanks to this I have multiple consoles and other things (dvd players...) working with only one audio output.

5. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    Yes it's what I'm using too, but you can do it whithout PS2 if you don't have one.

Get a scart multiplexer (it's in serial, so each signal are propagated on each scart)
    Get your RCA to Scart adapter you got on the wii (if your country have it bundled) and plug your audio to it.

6. shaunj66

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    I'd recommend you just wait for a 3rd party RGB SCART cable that has a RCA audio block in the middle of the cable, like most 3rd party SCART cables for previous consoles.

At least, that's what I'm doing. [​IMG]

7. TaMs
    OP

Member TaMs Randomizer

Finland
    ok thanks i found my scart multiplexer and i have ps2 and i have that RCA to scart adapter so i think i can get it work soon