Hardware Revo K101+: Sound is horrid

L551

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my K101+ today, and the sound... uggh. I didn't expect exact 1:1 of the original GBA hardware, but it's missing sound effects out of games entirely. The battle network series, which I love, has the buster sound effects replaced with a loud beep instead, and the enemy explosion/deletion effects is just completely off.

Does anyone else have sound problems with this unit? I feel like I wasted my $75.

L551

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried a few different games (GBC included), and they all exhibit this issue. Digimon Battle Spirit has all hit sound effects replaced with beeps. I'm using ROM dumps from the no-intro set, as that was recommended. I've made a small video here

edit: different dump makes no difference.
Edit 2: Retail cart, same thing. Looks like it's a defective K101.

Last edited by L551,

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried a few different games (GBC included), and they all exhibit this issue. Digimon Battle Spirit has all hit sound effects replaced with beeps. I'm using ROM dumps from the no-intro set, as that was recommended. I've made a small video here

edit: different dump makes no difference.
Edit 2: Retail cart, same thing. Looks like it's a defective K101.

If it's defective, get your money back, then try for another. Or you can get a hackable N3DS and use AGB_FIRM on it to play GBA natively. The tools and posts here and here will help immensely for the latter.

L551

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's defective, get your money back, then try for another. Or you can get a hackable N3DS and use AGB_FIRM on it to play GBA natively. The tools and posts here and here will help immensely for the latter.

I already have a N3DSXL running Luma3DS and A9LH. But I got the revo since I thought it would be better for GBA games.

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already have a N3DSXL running Luma3DS and A9LH. But I got the revo since I thought it would be better for GBA games.
Understandable. I did mine backwards of yours. I had the Revo before I hacked my N3DS. But once I got GBA running on it, I used the Revo less and less, especially with finding a way to get cheats working, along with the color and ghosting fixes. My advice would be to get your money back and put your GBA games on the N3DS, unless you actually have people who you use the GameLink features with.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte