Hardware Revo K101+ - Blank White Screen

reddeth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all! I just got a Revo K101+ via Massdrop, it's a cool looking unit, but for the life of me I cannot get it to work!

First off, it didn't come with an SD card of any kind. I didn't necessarily expect it to, but I've seen other people mentioning "included roms" and the like. So perhaps my SD card is missing something that's supposed to be on it?

As for what's actually happening, I turn the unit on, and get a blank white screen. That's it. This is with the K-Cart installed, and a MicroSD card.

I followed the instructions at: http://www.revok101.com/how-to-use/ to set the unit up. Formatted the card, created ksystem, inside of that Cheat and GamePic, then dropped a few files in the root directory (so next to ksystem). Still the same blank white screen.

Any ideas? I get the same result if the K-Cart is left out. My only real guess is maybe the K-Cart card is bad? But I would still expect a menu of some kind. Not entirely sure. Very grateful for any help someone can offer!

Reactions: Alec Dekok

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
if you leave the kcard out and turn it on you should get a screen with the gameboy logo. i have triedmeverything and can not get my revo to show up a blank white screen at all. it'll either stay at the gameboy bios logo or get to the kcard menu. Maybe you can update the firmware? http://kteam.ys168.com

Last edited by Localhorst86,

Alec Dekok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone figured this out yet? I've looked up videos on how to update it, but mine wont work... if if did work can you shoot me a quick guide that worked for you.

deereb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I purchased a Revo k101 plus in the same mass drop and am also experiencing the same problem. The device hangs on a white screen when turned on

deereb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Solved!

The massdrop k101s shipped without their firmware! LocalHorst86's is correct. It looks kind of sketch, but download the firmware from the link he provided (latest for your device).

Extract the .zip, there should be a .bin file and a readme file

The readme has the instructions to flash the device, but paraphrasing:
Copy the .bin to the root of the sd card and then plug it into your device
hold the select button and power on the devise
hit start to flash the device

restart the devise as indicated.

It should work fine now

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Solved!

The massdrop k101s shipped without their firmware! LocalHorst86's is correct. It looks kind of sketch, but download the firmware from the link he provided (latest for your device).

Extract the .zip, there should be a .bin file and a readme file

The readme has the instructions to flash the device, but paraphrasing:
Copy the .bin to the root of the sd card and then plug it into your device
hold the select button and power on the devise
hit start to flash the device

restart the devise as indicated.

It should work fine now

nice to hear it worked for you, hopefully this will be the solution for the other two guys having this problme as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1