Revisting my Bircked Wii issue.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Schlupi, May 3, 2010.

May 3, 2010
  1. Schlupi
    OP

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniacâ„¢

United States
    Ok. So a while back I had came here and tried to resolve an issue with my friend's Wii.

It's "Black-screen" (Semi?) Bricked, from installing The update for Beatles Rock Band.
    It HAD preloader (don't know what happened to it, perhaps the Beatles had a system menu Update and deleted it), on 3.2U,
    and it has a (original) WiiKey mod chip installed.
    it also had Waninkoko's REV 13b cIOS,
    and the Homebrew Channel.

I still am at loss trying to understand exactly why it bricked. I am guessing that Beatles had a sytem menu update, and it wasn't compatable with the outdated WiiKey. I dunno.
    Also, I would like to know how to start an Autoboot disc by using the WiiKey. I feel like that is the solution to my brick problem but I don't know how to do it correctly.

Ok, guys... if you can then please assist me! I'd really appreciate it.

2. Schlupi
    OP

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniacâ„¢

United States
    ok... I'll give that a shot. I just need to burn an autoboot disc. I'll come back and tell you the results.

Thanks, yo.

3. mauifrog

Member mauifrog DA KINE WiiHacker

United States
    Your wii bricked because it was modded using an outdated guide. This wii was downgraded from 4.0 to 3.2, and ios50-v5120 was left intact. When your friend updated from Rock Band Beatles it installed 3.4, which unfortunately runs on ios50-4889. Since ios50-v5120 was installed on the wii, the update failed to install ios50-v4889. This leaves you with a fully bricked wii trying to run on a stubbed ios.

4. dajavax

Member dajavax GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    unfortunately that didn't work for a friend's wii... seems that you need the system menu IOS for autobooting or something like that :S

5. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    do u have a nand dump? If so, deadlyfoez can probably fix it (not sure, it may be different because of your mod chip... but i doubt it)