Reviewing the steps for downgrading.

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by War, Aug 1, 2008.

Aug 1, 2008
  1. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    My friend just got a brand new PSP Slim, and she wants me to downgrade it using my Phat, which I told her was fine. I completely forgot how to do it though, so I'm just going over the steps.

I've never done it this way, but I think this is how it's done...
    -Back up everything on my MS.
    -Format MS.
    -Put the DDCv5 folder in my GAME folder.
    -Put the OS Pandora Battery Tool in my GAME folder.
    -Run OSPBT, which will make my battery into a Pandora.
    -Since I put the Despertar del Cementerio files in my MMS, its now a JigKick battery, so if I take out the battery and MS after converting to a Pandora battery, then put it into the Slim, it should automatically boot and ask me to go directly to 3.90m33?

I'm sure I got something wrong in there, but please go over it with me!

2. Jiggah

Member Jiggah GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Basically, yes. However, depending on how new the PSP is it might not be flashable. DAX is working on it apparently, so just sit tight for a bit if that's the case.

3. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    I'm pretty sure it's not that new... she bought it from Amazon and it arrived about 2 weeks ago. She bought the ORIGINAL Slims, (yeah, the black one), and I'm pretty sure those don't have the new motherboard. The PSP was also in OFW 3.90, so I'm thinking that also further proves that its been untouched for a while.

I was looking around for tutorials and I found a program called PSP Grader...seems really easy to use.