• Start date
  • Views 7,599
  • Replies 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

OP
Well after 7 days of waiting I get a slip in the mail telling me there is a parcel from China waiting to be picked up. So I skip down to the post office and get it. I was too impatient to wait to open it so I opened it while walking home. I was pleasently surprised to find my Supercard SD Rumble sitting inside the parcel. There was no packaging (which is usual for Bamboogaming.com just my Supercard. I marvel at how small the little motor is and how they have managed to fit it in the casing.
Anyway I get home and grab my DS and decide to see how it fits into slot 2. Fantastic!! It just slides in and out with minimal force each way. It also sticks out of my 'phat' DS just like my ordinary Supercard. I think to myself this will mean no annoying cracked plastic down the track. I also tested the SD card slot with a SD card, the same result, in and out with no problems. Time to test it.
I downloaded the loading software from the Supercard.cn site, installed it and loaded up Ridge Racer, setting up the B button as a rumble button. I just thought slamming on the brakes at that speed would cause a little sudder though the car so I thought it was appropriate. The software loads normally (through a redesigned menu system) as you would using the Supercard SD but you have the added option of adding the rumble feature to any of the buttons while loading applications to the SD card.
So I start up the game and load into the first track just to test it. The brakes are not really necessary but I slam them on at top speed just to see what happens....
A loud buzzing noise breaks out that sends a vibration through the DS, three seconds later my flatmate runs in asking what the noise was. I explain to them the situation and they walk off unimpressed. (I don't care, I'm loving it.)
After a while I get bored with Ridge Racer and decide to try a game with the rumble feature in it. So I load up Spyro - A New Beginning and start the game. I go into the options menu and try to turn on the rumble feature. No luck at all. The game doesn't seem to recognize the SD rumble feature at all. I'm not sure if I did something wrong but not a sausage from the rumble pack. Bugga!!! Maybe they'll fix this down the track.
I'll be interested in what some of the homebrew developers come up with using this feature, collision detection and definately some sort of alarm spring to mind.
Now this is a neat little package for its price, $29(AUS) + $12(AUS) for postage is a bargain for what you get. You get all the features of a Supercard SD, except GBA support which I personally couldn't careless about, plus a reworked skin and of course the rumble feature.
One thing I did notice is the amount of time the game stays in the memory of the Supercard SD Rumble. It seems to load as the GBA games do on the normal Supercard SD and leaves them in memory for a decent time. What thins means, I don't know but I imagine someone will figure out a way to expliot it in the future.
Anyway a score out of 10? I'd give it 7.5/10 and I'd recommend you buy this just for the novelty and plus it's cheap.
Whatever you decide, have fun doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Gift
  • godreborn @ godreborn:
    can't walk in a straight line very well with the analog stick of the n64 controller in zelda. the analog stick on the ps5 controller is extremely comfortable by comparison though.
    Gift
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I fixed my cheap Logitech controller. Character moves forward now. YaY
    +1
    Gift
    And my PPSSPP Emulator is running a bit smooother. YaY
    Gift
  • godreborn @ godreborn:
    I kicked dkc returns ass just now. 99 lives, all kong letters, all stages, 0 deaths at 5-7 beaten
    +1
    Gift
  • Gift
  • Gift
  • godreborn @ godreborn:
    that 5-7 is a doozy. that's when my doctor thought I had Parkinson's. the day he thought that, I dropped the controller multiple times while playing through it.
    Gift
    [uploads butt hurt cream for dkc returns]
    Gift
  • Gift
  • godreborn @ godreborn:
    about to play tropical freeze. I play new games in the mornings, then my comfort games while trying to help others or chat in the afternoons.
    Gift
    I'm an FPS game fan.
    Gift
    and flying simulators
    now n then
    Gift
  • godreborn @ godreborn:
    I have a hard time aiming in games like fps unless there's a lock on. I beat the sling shot and bow and arrow mini games in oot, and they were hard without lock on.
    Gift
    true true. I tend to take off the locks on's
    Gift
    <=== Love being a sniper type
    Gift
  • godreborn @ godreborn:
    lol, shoot the guy in the balls or the head?
    Gift
    uh... guilty
    Gift
    hehehehe
    Gift
    Flight war games are hard for me. But I do conquer them sometimes.
    Gift
  • godreborn @ godreborn:
    the upward/downward movements of the sling shot or bow and arrow use those inverted controls like flight games.
    +1
    Gift
    ie Ace Combat
    Gift
  • godreborn @ godreborn:
    think I broke my first 360, a xenon, or at least damaged it while under the influence of ambien (took like 3 or 4 of them), so the top of my entertainment center is majorly scratched. that's when I was trying to play ace combat 6. I don't have much memory of it other than the system falling over multiple times causing the scratches. not a very proud moment. no longer have that system.
    +1
    Gift
    As a matter of fact, I think I'll play that [Ace Combat] after my late breakfast now. take care hun.
    Gift
    10:42 am
    Gift
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 10:42 am