[Review] R4i Gold 3DS Plus

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by el_ssbb_boy, Nov 4, 2017.

1. yashar13

yashar13 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2015
    Italy
    Hello guys, i have this card,using it on my b9s n2ds and it can play some games but others like pokemon black 2 just give me a white screen, i already tried different versione of the game rom like patches, unpatched etc.. Do you have any advice please?

2. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer GBAPerm

Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    Aptos, California
    Those Pokémon games came out when I got to high school and never played these. Is this one of those games that use an alternate save type? Have you tried changing that?

3. Savior-X

Savior-X Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2015
    United States
    Not sure. It works fine here. It seems to be a normal unpatched black version 2. Make sure you're on 1.64 of the wood r4 kernel.

4. Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Isso_Non_Ecxiste Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2016
    Brazil
    My Imaginary World
    i used 2 test wht 2 (patched) and worked fine with me.
    nowdays i'm havin black 1, since i need free space usage on my R4, in order 2 run moonshell well...

(i'm runnin r4 wood kernel 1.64)
    u can download it at r4ids.cn

5. dameresume

dameresume Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2018
    United States
    Hello, I have a question regarding r4i gold 3ds plus

when my r4i is in D mode it works on my 11.8 U 3ds console

I have another 3ds that is japanese and I did the region change so that it is also 11.8 U firmware, but on this 3ds the r4i will show black screen on boot and if i press any keys it will kick me out to 3ds title screen again..

how can I get r4i to work on my japanese 3ds? help is much appreciated

6. SCOTT0852

SCOTT0852 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 20, 2018
    United States
  7. dameresume

dameresume Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2018
    United States
    Worked like a charm, Thank you so much!

8. Tac 21

Tac 21 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 2, 2008
    Canada
    playing blazeblack 2 on the non plus version.... no issues

9. CyberTails

CyberTails GBAtemp Regular

Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    I recently got the card and I'm liking it so far. The only gripe I have with it so far is the incompatibility with the two Kingdom Hearts DS games as with 358/2 Days, it'll just go to Black after selecting a Difficulty and with Re:Coded, it just goes to a White Screen on boot :(

EDIT: Fixed the KH Games issue by using a freshly-formatted 32 GB MicroSD card

Last edited by CyberTails, Oct 7, 2018
  10. Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Isso_Non_Ecxiste Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2016
    Brazil
    My Imaginary World
    i have it on here, i mean on my SD card and playin it on my 2ds, but i never played this Bfore, i just tested the game and it seems gud. it's workin 'n kickin all fine!
    check out ur firmware/kernel or everything about right way of formattin ur micro sd card.

note: keep in ur mind, the current firmware version is 1.64, at least i think so, lmao