Review Portal

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by KingdomBlade, Sep 15, 2011.

Sep 15, 2011

Review Portal by KingdomBlade at 1:31 PM (373 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. KingdomBlade
    OP

Member KingdomBlade Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)

Philippines
    The portal for reviews, while well updated on the flashcart and modchip reviews, seems to lack an updated feature on user submitted reviews. It might be a good idea to at least feature the ones with merit and perhaps display a related picture in order to gain some recognition for them. Just throwing it out there.

2. Frederica Bernkastel

Member Frederica Bernkastel WebPerf and PWA advocate; @antoligy on Twitter

United Kingdom
    While I believe the purpose of it is to make "official" reviews easier to locate, I still think that it would be a good idea to give a spotlight of sorts to user submitted reviews that deserve merit - maybe by adding a separate page for user submitted reviews with a votes/time ranking system of sorts implemented?
    I remember there used to be a news segment run by Opium(?) which would highlight items of USN and also user reviews, but that is no longer around today.
    In short, good reviews really should be given some attention as it's a shame to let that kind of effort go to waste.

3. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    I kinda said I would be doing something bringing a spotlight to user reviews but I've been rather inconsistent at it and school has also been getting in the way (hell, I even forgot Games of the Month this month, and I never forget those).

I'll get back on it when things lighten up.