Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Review: EZ Pass 3

Official GBAtemp Review

Here's a new pass card review for you all, a short review of the new EZ Pass 3. The EZ Team's 3rd generation pass card.
  • icon11.gif
    EZ Pass 3 Review
    ezp3.gif
Supplied by Kick Trading

ChaosTheorySD

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
So it actually boots to the DS menu, eh? I don't know if I'd prefer that over how the superkey just boots directly or not. On the one hand, I wouldn't have to pull the cart out to load GBA games, but on the other it's less work I have to do to get started.

Nice review though.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So it actually boots to the DS menu, eh? I don't know if I'd prefer that over how the superkey just boots directly or not. On the one hand, I wouldn't have to pull the cart out to load GBA games, but on the other it's less work I have to do to get started.

Nice review though.
Personally, I quite like having it show in the DS main menu. It's much less of a pain than it is to remove a pass card every time you want to change a setting, use Pictochat or load a GBA game.

It only adds at most 3-4 extra seconds to booting into your flash kit.

You can also set your DS to auto boot from DS slot which will speed it up, then just hold start down to get the menu back.
smile.gif

zif

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Nice review though.
You can't just hold 'B' when you turn on the DS to boot to GBA mode while the Superkey's inside? Nevermind.

Also, I want to add that the EZPass3 that I use was not compatible with an M3 MiniSD Adapter.

beedog19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really like the fact that it can go directly into the ds menu, the only thing I would like to add is you could pick the ds slot for ds games or the gba slot to boot in gba mode. That being said I think i'm gonna see if hopebuy will accept an exchange for this from my passcard 3.

inter4ever

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can anybody ensure that this works with G6 lite?
Will it be incompatible in the future if the G6 team decided to do that?(like the issue of the EZ4 with the passcards)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...