Hacking reverting cfw 3ds to 11.3 in the future?

adrivetest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi there,
i've successfully went through the 3ds guide site and converted the new 3ds xl 11.3 to luma3ds and everything's good.

However, at the end of the guide under 3ds.guide/finalizing-setup section II it tells me to update the system before backing up the sysnand on section VII, so i've done just that and does that mean i'm only backing up my sysnand based on version 11.6?

what happens if i want to reset the 3ds to factory stock? eg, if i follow the guide to uninstall cfw on 3ds.guide/uninstall-cfw, does that mean i'll end up with a stock 11.6 instead of 11.3 and once i did that i won't be able to use the old methods anymore to mod the 3ds again to cfw?

Last edited by adrivetest,

Cjmcgiv

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi there,
i've successfully went through the 3ds guide site and converted the new 3ds xl to luma3ds and everything's good.
Ok. That's good, congrats! But what do you need?

Ok, I see what you need now. If you want to revert to stock you can 9.2 ctrtransfer but really I don't know why you would want to.

Last edited by Cjmcgiv,
Reactions: GilgameshArcher

figgyc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
if you're planning on reverting your cfw 3ds back to a stock firmware that can still be hacked then you can still find 9.2 ctrtransfer images floating around then just follow the instructions from the guides current ctrtransfer page.

adrivetest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
great to know that, so basically CRTTransfer is used to downgrade the system to any firmware i like?

i was trying to understand how the guide in 3ds.guide works in regards to why it is using sysnand instead of emunand in the first place to mod the 3ds. From what i understand (correct me if i'm wrong), emunand is like having the ability to emulate a specific version of firmware on the 3ds while using older nand on the 3ds, while sysnand overwrites the nand on the 3ds so isn't emunand always the safer and better solution?? (although i assume it will be slower to load)

Cjmcgiv

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
great to know that, so basically CRTTransfer is used to downgrade the system to any firmware i like?

i was trying to understand how the guide in 3ds.guide works in regards to why it is using sysnand instead of emunand in the first place to mod the 3ds. From what i understand (correct me if i'm wrong), emunand is like having the ability to emulate a specific version of firmware on the 3ds while using older nand on the 3ds, while sysnand overwrites the nand on the 3ds so isn't emunand always the safer and better solution?? (although i assume it will be slower to load)
Emu = Emulated
Sys = System
Nand = Vital data storage for 3ds
You are right for the most part but emunand isn't really any safer than sysnand, it's almost impossible to screw up now-a-days. It used to be used for expirimenting with cia's and such encase of a brick, but now with how easy everything is and with NTRBoot, it's unneeded. It is best explained here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-a-noobnands-guide-to-sysnand-and-emunand.410439/

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

EmuNAND was needed in the past when you could only have hax on your system at a certain firmware (eg 4.x or 9.2). An emuNAND meant you could play games that required a higher firmware, while keeping your real system low enough to have hax. Now that the system can have hax at any firmware there is no need for an emuNAND. With B9S it is the sysNAND that has the hax no matter if you have an emuNAND or not, so emuNAND is not "safer". It just causes inconvenience for next to no gain (gains explained up above - not relevant for 99% of the hacking population).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night