Hacking Reverting Back To Old System Menu

Jrizzill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A couple months ago I soft-modded my cousin's Wii with Preloader and CIOSCorp so that I could use Backup/USB Loaders. Everything has been working great until recently and now Preloader seems to be unable to load the system menu, giving an error each time. I'd ask my cousin what he did, but it would be a little difficult because he is deaf. So I'm just going to assume that he somehow managed to upgrade the system menu and it screwed everything up. So my question is: how would I get the system menu back? I was thinking of using AnyRegionChanger but then I realized that it wouldn't work unless I were able to configure an internet connection, and that is impossible right now since I cannot access the internet configuration menu.

Any suggestions guys? Am I totally screwed?

psyck0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can get into preloader you're fine, you can reinstall the system menu somehow. I, however, don't know how. Hope someone answers you soon, just wanted you to stop worrying.

Jrizzill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya, that's what I figured based on reading numerous articles about Preloader being a safe-guard tool for bricks. Now I just need a solution to be able to access the system menu (or reinstall it)! Please help, I only have a couple days until my cousin comes back into town. Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

- Jrizzill

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Jrizzill said:
A couple months ago I soft-modded my cousin's Wii with Preloader and CIOSCorp so that I could use Backup/USB Loaders. Everything has been working great until recently and now Preloader seems to be unable to load the system menu, giving an error each time. I'd ask my cousin what he did, but it would be a little difficult because he is deaf. So I'm just going to assume that he somehow managed to upgrade the system menu and it screwed everything up. So my question is: how would I get the system menu back? I was thinking of using AnyRegionChanger but then I realized that it wouldn't work unless I were able to configure an internet connection, and that is impossible right now since I cannot access the internet configuration menu.

Any suggestions guys? Am I totally screwed?

If only the systemmenu is hosed, go and look for the corresponding systemmenu wad and ios30 (for 3.2) or IOS60 (for 4.0) and reinstall with wad manager. Make sure both are installed before rebooting.

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
doesn't matter if you install 3.2 or 3.3 or 3.4 , even 4.0
just be sure to install the corresponding wad and the corresponding IOS before rebooting.
After reinstall of the system menu , all your hacks will be gone , so you'll have to reinstall them.

Jrizzill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking of saving my cousin the trouble in the future by upgrading him to SystemMenu 4.0. But if I install IOS60 and SystemMenu 4.0 will I still be able to run backups via the Disc Channel (after reinstalling CIOSCorp)? Will I still be able to use USB Loaders (after reinstalling Custom IOS38 Rev13)? What are some precautions I need to take into consideration? Thanks guys -- I may be a newb but I'm learning quickly!

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
to prevent him from brick and other troubles , install bootmii.
you can use backup launcher and usb loader on a 4.0 wii , but it's a bit more difficult to install
look for tutorials talking about "bannerbomb" and you will see what i mean
wink.gif

Jrizzill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I'm going to install BootMii. What files do I need for running backups through the disc channel on a 4.0? -- I'm assuming that the old SoftMii packages don't work on 4.0...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)