Hacking Reverting back to factory from a softmod

epistaxis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my Wii recently began displaying graphical related artifacts due to overheating. Common problem. I'm going to send it back into Nintendo. Problem being is that I have it softmodded. I have a good Bootmii NAND backup, so I'm guessing all I have to do is load that up and then uninstall Bootmii and I should be good to go? Maybe reformat the Wii flash afterwards in the Nintendo dashboard? Thanks.

he_returns

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
epistaxis said:
So my Wii recently began displaying graphical related artifacts due to overheating. Common problem. I'm going to send it back into Nintendo. Problem being is that I have it softmodded. I have a good Bootmii NAND backup, so I'm guessing all I have to do is load that up and then uninstall Bootmii and I should be good to go? Maybe reformat the Wii flash afterwards in the Nintendo dashboard? Thanks.
overheating doesnt sound like a software issue, unless you installed some bricekr program to possibly overlock or heat up ur wii somehow (dont know if its real...but mostly fake maybe), sounds like a hardware issue man..........i took my soft modded wii into nintendo after installing a bad wad, and this was before the waninkoko backup loader days...so i got lucky. no cahrge whatsoever. hardware problems maybe.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do just that, but don't bother with the "Format Wii Memory" option in the Settings. It's just a waste of time, as all it does is remove officially installed channels(Wiiware, VC downloaded through the Shop Channel) and savegames. I also would do a system update after revirginizing

epistaxis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he_returns said:
overheating doesnt sound like a software issue, unless you installed some bricekr program to possibly overlock or heat up ur wii somehow (dont know if its real...but mostly fake maybe), sounds like a hardware issue man..........i took my soft modded wii into nintendo after installing a bad wad, and this was before the waninkoko backup loader days...so i got lucky. no cahrge whatsoever. hardware problems maybe.

I know it is a GPU related hardware issue. Seems very common in launch era Wiis. Nintendo apparently takes them in past warranty.

QUOTE(tattar8 @ Jan 2 2010, 09:28 AM) Do just that, but don't bother with the "Format Wii Memory" option in the Settings. It's just a waste of time, as all it does is remove officially installed channels(Wiiware, VC downloaded through the Shop Channel) and savegames. I also would do a system update after revirginizing

Cool, thanks man!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone