Reverting back to factory from a softmod

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by epistaxis, Jan 2, 2010.

1. epistaxis
    OP

epistaxis Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2008
    United States
    Seigaku
    So my Wii recently began displaying graphical related artifacts due to overheating. Common problem. I'm going to send it back into Nintendo. Problem being is that I have it softmodded. I have a good Bootmii NAND backup, so I'm guessing all I have to do is load that up and then uninstall Bootmii and I should be good to go? Maybe reformat the Wii flash afterwards in the Nintendo dashboard? Thanks.

2. he_returns

he_returns Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2010
    United States
    overheating doesnt sound like a software issue, unless you installed some bricekr program to possibly overlock or heat up ur wii somehow (dont know if its real...but mostly fake maybe), sounds like a hardware issue man..........i took my soft modded wii into nintendo after installing a bad wad, and this was before the waninkoko backup loader days...so i got lucky. no cahrge whatsoever. hardware problems maybe.

3. Krestent

Krestent What to post?

Mar 31, 2009
    United States
    Do just that, but don't bother with the "Format Wii Memory" option in the Settings. It's just a waste of time, as all it does is remove officially installed channels(Wiiware, VC downloaded through the Shop Channel) and savegames. I also would do a system update after revirginizing

4. epistaxis
    OP

epistaxis Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2008
    United States
    Seigaku
    Cool, thanks man!