revert the gateway cia installation of bluecardfix.cia ?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by nakion, Mar 12, 2017.

1. nakion
    OP

nakion Member

Newcomer
    Feb 23, 2017
    Gambia, The
    hello

i installed the two gateway cias bluecardfix.cia + mset_eur.cia into sysnand , the mset_eur.cia is an older version of the system settings so that the mset exploit can work again on a new 3ds xl 9.2 ,

is there a way to uninstall / install the original 9.2 system settings ? if yes how and which is the name of the cia ? (i still have the 9.2 eur downgrade cia files on sd card )

2. Tenshi_Okami

Tenshi_Okami GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 3, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    Do a CTR Transfer of 9.2, that will clean everything and start like new.

Once you do that, install Menuhax and configure it to run Gateway there.

(I recommend this because A9LH + Gateway is not as safe as Menuhax + Gateway/ A9LH +Luma3DS)

3. nakion
    OP

nakion Member

Newcomer
    Feb 23, 2017
    Gambia, The
    no sadly not because ive installed those two cias before the nand backup ;(

4. Tenshi_Okami

Nov 3, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    A CTR Transfer is not a NAND backup, a CTR Transfer is like installing the important parts of the 3DS operating system. It's clean and secure to do.

5. nakion
    OP

nakion Member

Newcomer
    Feb 23, 2017
    Gambia, The
    also what do u mean by that ? how is menuhax safer ? (ive also read menuhax is outdated crap compared to the new hacking methods 2016/17 a9lh and so on )

6. Tenshi_Okami

Nov 3, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    A9LH + Gateway is more risky since Gateway has not implemented FIRM protection on A9LH and if you update your SysNAND on a O3DS you will lose A9LH. And if it's a N3DS you will brick the console

Sure Menuhax is old, but it's better than risking to use A9LH

7. GalladeGuy

GalladeGuy Freeze Kirby :3

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    The easiest solution would be to do a CTR Transfer to 9.2 and install Luma3DS with A9LH. DO NOT INSTALL GATEWAY'S A9LH/GATEWAY FASTBOOT!