Gaming revert botw to 1.0.0 and new game for exploits

souler92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i kinda wanna delete all the patches and play on 1.0.0 botw, but when i delete them and i want to start it tells me to update the game(even with wifi off)

i didnt delete my save, but if i delete my save is it then possible to play on 1.0 ? because i dont want to delete my save, to find out i still have to update....

Edgy_Edge

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
Hey OP, what a strange avatar. Is there hidden meaning in it?
Buy a WiiU and install any BOTW patch you want.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
i kinda wanna delete all the patches and play on 1.0.0 botw, but when i delete them and i want to start it tells me to update the game(even with wifi off)

i didnt delete my save, but if i delete my save is it then possible to play on 1.0 ? because i dont want to delete my save, to find out i still have to update....
I don't think even a factory reset (while keeping saves) will let you play it again, possibly not even a full format.

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can't remember exactly how it works but I believe you can revert to 1.0.0 following the same process of removing another regions NNID.

There is a Reddit thread about it, you'd need to Google it and rolling back updates was purely hypothetical on my part but there was a reason I believed that process could also be used to roll back updates, I just can't remember why ;)
Edit:It's the process for removing another regions news feed..

Last edited by Risingdawn,

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I can't remember exactly how it works but I believe you can revert to 1.0.0 following the same process of removing another regions NNID.

There is a Reddit thread about it, you'd need to Google it and rolling back updates was purely hypothetical on my part but there was a reason I believed that process could also be used to roll back updates, I just can't remember why ;)
Edit:It's the process for removing another regions news feed..
It doesn't work, I've tried it.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so the way its sounding here is that even if you have the game cart you can't roll back the update, so in a sense with the way they have it set up they have it written to the nand that a game has an update if you ever connect online and never allows you to play if you don't have the update?

Reactions: Nowonmai

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
so the way its sounding here is that even if you have the game cart you can't roll back the update, so in a sense with the way they have it set up they have it written to the nand that a game has an update if you ever connect online and never allows you to play if you don't have the update?
If you connect online, it still lets you play the current version for as long as you want. But after you install the latest update, you can't go back to any older version.

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It doesn't work, I've tried it.
Weird, I thought entering maintenance mode unlinked the update files from your account, which is why when you "initialize keeping save data" you then have to archive the game, eject the cartridge, reinsert then download the update files again, due to the existing save game not matching the version number.

My theory was if you initialized the console, removing the save game, the updates would be unlinked and allow the cartridge to be played from 1.0.0 again.

x7l7j8cc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

if you have a Cartridge game, then after delete the update/dlc etc.
You can do, 2 options:
1) Delete your savedata.
2) Create a new user (switch user only, without nnid) and play

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Shouldn't deleting your save file and removing updates prompt a clean new game from v1.0.0?
I know OP doesn't want to delete their save file but I'm just asking either way.
You have to unlink the updates from your NNID too, I'm not sure it still works exactly like this but essentially the ticket for the update would still be stored under your NNID. The console would still know of a more recent update available, in the same way it knows you have purchased a game.

You may have to completely remove your NNID from the Switch to roll back if maintenane mode isn't un-linking the update.

Grayden123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You have to unlink the updates from your NNID too, I'm not sure it still works exactly like this but essentially the ticket for the update would still be stored under your NNID. The console would still know of a more recent update available, in the same way it knows you have purchased a game.

You may have to completely remove your NNID from the Switch to roll back if maintenane mode isn't un-linking the update.
Would factory resetting the switch unlink the update from the NNID? If I were to factory rest my switch and connect my account back, would it still have the update flag?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yeah agreed