ROM Hack Revert back to non-random trainers/Pokemon Sun

PandaPomf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
So I'm using pk3ds and have randomized most things. But now I want to revert back to the original trainers I battle. I still want them to have random pokemon with random moves like I do now but just have the original trainers. Also when I choose my random starter which is level 5 as normal and go on to verse Hau (which is a randomized trainer in battle), he has a level 22 pokemon. How can I also revert back to the original levels? Pokemon in the wild are fine their levels haven't changed. Any ideas? Thanks

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deleting the "backup" folder should revert most of your most recent changes. To change things you need to run the randomizer again and change the settings to your liking (or manually if you wan't specifics). It's a good idea to keep a backup of your vanilla dumps so that you can easily revert back by replacing the files if you make mistakes. Otherwise, you'll just have to re-dump your rom and start over.

PandaPomf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Deleting the "backup" folder should revert most of your most recent changes. To change things you need to run the randomizer again and change the settings to your liking (or manually if you wan't specifics). It's a good idea to keep a backup of your vanilla dumps so that you can easily revert back by replacing the files if you make mistakes. Otherwise, you'll just have to re-dump your rom and start over.

I'm having trouble locating the backup folder, where do I find it?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble locating the backup folder, where do I find it?
It should be in the same directory that you load PK3DS from. Actually it doesn't seem like it creates a backup folder anymore. Just delete the edited files that show up in the directory you want to revert back, i. e "encdata(a083)"

Deleting that will delete the edited encounters loaded by the program.

Last edited by Majickhat55,

PandaPomf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
It should be in the same directory that you load PK3DS from. Actually it doesn't seem like it creates a backup folder anymore. Just delete the edited files that show up in the directory you want to revert back, i. e "encdata(a083)"

Deleting that will delete the edited encounters loaded by the program.

Yeah I'm just using the ctrtool again and getting back my original romfsdir and exefsdir files and gonna just edit them again. Thanks for the help. :) One last thing - This time what will I need to do to not make random trainers with random pokemon levels? Just want same trainers with the same levels but with different pokemon and moves, thanks.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I'm just using the ctrtool again and getting back my original romfsdir and exefsdir files and gonna just edit them again. Thanks for the help. :) One last thing - This time what will I need to do to not make random trainers with random pokemon levels? Just want same trainers with the same levels but with different pokemon and moves, thanks.
Just pay attention to what you're clicking in the trainor editor, and fix whatever you don't like manually before closing it to save the edits.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol