Revert Back To Newest System Settings On N3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by skydancer93, Apr 28, 2015.

1. skydancer93
    OP

skydancer93 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2015
    United States
    Anyone know how to reinstall the newer system settings menu? I backed up my NAND, but it seems when you format EmuNAND, that NAND backup disappears. I used that 3DSNUS 1.9 to download the 9.5 for the JPN N3DS, but there was a problem installing one of the CIA files needed, so I need to make a new EmuNAND, but it'll have the 4.5 system setting and not the newer one.

Would I just be fine using a new SD card and putting 9.2 on my SysNAND in Gateway mode?

2. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Addict

Dec 1, 2002
    Yeah, you're supposed to copy the NAND backup to your computer before formatting emuNAND.

All tutorials I've seen make this quite clear. Sorry.

3. skydancer93
    OP

skydancer93 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2015
    United States
    Happy to announce that if you format the EmuNAND and install new firmware with 3DSNUS's CIA with BigBlueMenu, you get back the newer system settings on EmuNAND, so if anyone was like me and used DevMenu to install and it corrupted, you can re-format, Install again with BigBlueMenu and everything works again, so you'll have the N3DS features back like Super Stable 3D and the like. Needs more testing, but the red light was on, it adjusted the 3D, and I was able to use the C-stick, so it seems to work fine for now.

4. Ericss

Ericss GBAtemp Fan

Sep 1, 2010
    United States
    Nvm