Homebrew RELEASE ReverseNX-RT - ReverseNX in Real Time

strawpedro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason it is showing WRONG MAGIC when i try to run Pikmin 3... I dont see the game as unsupported under the list , so not sure what went wrong

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Im getting "reverseNX-RT plugin is running
WRONG magic! when trying to open the overlay of ReverseNX-RT.
Is this normal?
ReverseNX-RT says 1.01
And REverseNX-TOol is on 3.1.2

FW 11.0

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Im getting "reverseNX-RT plugin is running
WRONG magic! when trying to open the overlay of ReverseNX-RT.
Is this normal?
ReverseNX-RT says 1.01
And REverseNX-TOol is on 3.1.2

FW 11.0
Well, it means that leftover pointer file wasn't automatically deleted nor updated. I have implemented magic value for this case to not break game (and as you can see - it works). It can happen if you were running 64-bit game, closed overlay, closed game, boot 32-bit app, run overlay.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, it means that leftover pointer file wasn't automatically deleted nor updated. I have implemented magic value for this case to not break game (and as you can see - it works). It can happen if you were running 64-bit game, closed overlay, closed game, boot 32-bit app, run overlay.
With "leftover file" do you mean I should delete a file somewhere? Or is there anything else I should do?
I just tried with half-life homebrew. and it says:
Game is running
ReverseNX-RT is not running! in red letters
ANd reverseNX-RT plugin is activated.

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
With "leftover file" do you mean I should delete a file somewhere? Or is there anything else I should do?
I just tried with half-life homebrew. and it says:
Game is running
ReverseNX-RT is not running! in red letters
ANd reverseNX-RT plugin is activated.
You can't use it with homebrew. This is only for official games.
You don't need to delete this file. It won't change the fact that overlay will be locked when necessary.

Sigaria

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im trying to get ReverseNX - RT working but every game says "ReverseNX RT is not running" in red text. The github readme says that that means the game isnt compatible or its in the salty nx exceptions but it says that for all of my games (Fire Emblem, Skyward Sword, Astral Chain, Disgaea 6) and I cannot fix it help would be appreciated.

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hello. Can anyone confirm if this tool is still working on modern fw/cfws? I heard reverse nx itself is discontinued.

Valkyrie743

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
updated to latest atmosphere and switch firmware but noticed when trying to reversenx rt in game. it says saltynx is not running yet the sysmodual says its on and running ?

how can i go about fixing this

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
updated to latest atmosphere and switch firmware but noticed when trying to reversenx rt in game. it says saltynx is not running yet the sysmodual says its on and running ?

how can i go about fixing this
How "sysmodule says it's running"? What do you mean by that

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
meant to say enabled. says on
I'm guessing you are talking about overlay "Sysmodules" (this is not obvious as you think).
"Sysmodules" overlay doesn't show if sysmodule is running properly. Only that if it's initialized. Sysmodule that exits itself is still considered initialized.
That's why only reliable way to check if SaltyNX is working is to use SaltyNX-Tool, ReverseNX-Tool or ReverseNX-RT overlay.

Reactions: Valkyrie743

Valkyrie743

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
downloaded the tool and seems to be running but when i go to launch a game the game will crash at boot and say there was an error launching. if i go to launch it again it it launches but saltynx is not running. so im guessing my issue is that its crashing while trying to hook the game at launch?

Valkyrie743

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing you are talking about overlay "Sysmodules" (this is not obvious as you think).
"Sysmodules" overlay doesn't show if sysmodule is running properly. Only that if it's initialized. Sysmodule that exits itself is still considered initialized.
That's why only reliable way to check if SaltyNX is working is to use SaltyNX-Tool, ReverseNX-Tool or ReverseNX-RT overlay.

downloaded the tool and seems to be running but when i go to launch a game the game will crash at boot and say there was an error launching. if i go to launch it again it it launches but saltynx is not running. so im guessing my issue is that its crashing while trying to hook the game at launch?

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yes. Game is crashing in the middle of process and thread is never going back to Proc because of that, which results in practically dead thread.

Valkyrie743

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Game is crashing in the middle of process and thread is never going back to Proc because of that, which results in practically dead thread.

:( what could be causing this? is this an issue with some games or does saltynx need a update? was not having this issue in the past. maybe something with new version of atmosphere?

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
:( what could be causing this? is this an issue with some games or does saltynx need a update? was not having this issue in the past. maybe something with new version of atmosphere?
Either you didn't update to newest SaltyNX or you have conflict with other sysmodule f.e. Emuiibo
Game crash without SaltyNX crashing is an issue with game compability

Valkyrie743

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either you didn't update to newest SaltyNX or you have conflict with other sysmodule f.e. Emuiibo
Game crash without SaltyNX crashing is an issue with game compability

i cant figure out whats causing it :( i have SaltyNX-0.4.0a-hotfix. not sure how to check if i have any other sysmodules installed.

is there a log file or something i can provide that can help with figuring out whats causing the this?

Valkyrie743

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so i just cleaned my SD card and just started fresh with latest atmosphere and every prerequisite needed and now games dont crash at boot but every game i run i get "ReverseNX-RT is not running! " testing many games and they are not 32 bit or in the exception list for salty.

:/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SugoiEndeavor @ SugoiEndeavor: What's up bakaz