ReverseNX - Flag your console as handheld or docked

ReverseNX_logo_transparent_v4.png

ReverseNX

Combination of SaltyNX patches that force games to think that you are using docked or handheld mode.

You can use it to change graphics settings and unlock some options that are available only in docked/handheld mode. For now in experimental phase, because SaltyNX has many bugs that need to be patched.

To download latest SaltyNX, check links at the end of post.

To use ReverseNX, you need to use ReverseNX-Tool which can be downloaded at the end of this post. Check readme in repo to learn how to use it.

When forcing docked mode, it is recommended to use OC settings exactly as used in docked mode:
Code:
handheld_charging_gpu=768
handheld_charging_mem=1600

Known issues:
  • SaltyNX is still under development, so it may cause issues on it's own. More in SaltyNX repo.

Thanks to @Kirby567fan and @crow132 for testing.
To @RattletraPM for logo.
To @SunTheCourier for sys-clk Editor on which I have based ReverseNX-Tool >=2.0.0
To Borealis contributors for Borealis which I'm using from 3.0.0

ReverseNX-Tool

github repo: https://github.com/masagrator/ReverseNX-Tool
Releases: https://github.com/masagrator/ReverseNX-Tool/releases

SaltyNX
github repo: https://github.com/masagrator/SaltyNX
Releases: https://github.com/masagrator/SaltyNX/releases

Last edited by masagrator,

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anybody ever made a list of what exactly docked mode adds to each game? I know some games only add a bilinear filter (which makes them look worse to me.), some games don't seem to change anything outside of GUI size (borderlands for example), and some actually improve the visual quality beyond what just overclocking can do (most noticeable to me being ancestors legacy)

Mizo

はじめまして私わみぞです、よろしく。
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice, I tried NMH3 and it looks way better on Handheld mode :)

Mizo

はじめまして私わみぞです、よろしく。
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice, I tried NMH3 and it looks way better on Handheld mode :)

one-piece

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have found an odd behavior when launching Metroid Dread with SaltyNX + ReverseNx it takes around 1 minute to go from the switch animation to the game vs 5 seconds without SaltyNX. This is with ReverseNx mode in docked and with the switch in the dock and also in handheld

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have found an odd behavior when launching Metroid Dread with SaltyNX + ReverseNx it takes around 1 minute to go from the switch animation to the game vs 5 seconds without SaltyNX. This is with ReverseNx mode in docked and with the switch in the dock and also in handheld
Well, this is not first game that does it (issue for some reason was touching mainly games that had big .bss, like 1 GB or more). At least it works. :D

Reactions: one-piece

ucupetuks

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
yup when i close loading nintendo switch logo on launching metroid,
reverse-nx is not fuction anymore, and need to restart the switch

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
yup when i close loading nintendo switch logo on launching metroid,
reverse-nx is not fuction anymore, and need to restart the switch
By forcing game's shutdown before boot is finished is making SaltyNX not getting back to its default state, which leads to undefined behavior. So... don't do that? :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup