ReverseNX - Flag your console as handheld or docked

ReverseNX_logo_transparent_v4.png

ReverseNX

Combination of SaltyNX patches that force games to think that you are using docked or handheld mode.

You can use it to change graphics settings and unlock some options that are available only in docked/handheld mode. For now in experimental phase, because SaltyNX has many bugs that need to be patched.

To download latest SaltyNX, check links at the end of post.

To use ReverseNX, you need to use ReverseNX-Tool which can be downloaded at the end of this post. Check readme in repo to learn how to use it.

When forcing docked mode, it is recommended to use OC settings exactly as used in docked mode:
Code:
handheld_charging_gpu=768
handheld_charging_mem=1600

Known issues:
  • SaltyNX is still under development, so it may cause issues on it's own. More in SaltyNX repo.

Thanks to @Kirby567fan and @crow132 for testing.
To @RattletraPM for logo.
To @SunTheCourier for sys-clk Editor on which I have based ReverseNX-Tool >=2.0.0
To Borealis contributors for Borealis which I'm using from 3.0.0

ReverseNX-Tool

github repo: https://github.com/masagrator/ReverseNX-Tool
Releases: https://github.com/masagrator/ReverseNX-Tool/releases

SaltyNX
github repo: https://github.com/masagrator/SaltyNX
Releases: https://github.com/masagrator/SaltyNX/releases

Last edited by masagrator,

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Oh man... Yes or no.. I don't know if the first post is talking about reversenx or reversenx tool for SX os
So I need to write to every single line "ReverseNX-Tool too!"? It's that hard to assume that I'm talking about both? When I'm talking about particular one, I'm mentioning that.

It would be faster if you would just read, assume author is not an idiot and just try. It's not working? Try again to read readme carefully. Still not working? Try again. Still? Then ask why it's not working.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ah, and I forgot. No technical support for SX OS from me as stated in first post. :)

gangs_08

Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
So I need to write to every single line "ReverseNX-Tool too!"? It's that hard to assume that I'm talking about both? When I'm talking about particular one, I'm mentioning that.

It would be faster if you would just read, assume author is not an idiot and just try. It's not working? Try again to read readme carefully. Still not working? Try again. Still? Then ask why it's not working.

Sorry man didn't want to offense. I did read the readme on GitHub and it's outdated because it says sx os is not supported. Thank you for your time

Edit:
For me it's not even clear if you need reversenx still if you use reversenx tool. I saw YouTube videos where they just use the tool. I thought you need both at the same time

Last edited by gangs_08,

Csmrcc

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Sorry man didn't want to offense. I did read the readme on GitHub and it's outdated because it says sx os is not supported. Thank you for your time

Edit:
For me it's not even clear if you need reversenx still if you use reversenx tool. I saw YouTube videos where they just use the tool. I thought you need both at the same time
You have to just read, or how do you think the rest of us use it?
It's very easy to know if you had read or not the OP

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Edit:

Say what?

Screenshot_20191020_203104.jpg

This means for you "SX OS not supported"?

And about edit:
To use all functions of ReverseNX you need to use ReverseNX-Tool which can be downloaded at the end of this post.

Answer yourself.

Reactions: Csmrcc

Zenate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this plugin take effect when I plug the switch into the dock? For example, if I set handheld flag global, when I plugged the switch into the dock, would the games play in handheld mode or dock mode on the TV?

chaicracker

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello everyone, still very new to the modding scene so got a noobie question here. How does one install ReverseNX? The ReverseNX-Tool i got installed by draging the file into the switch folder, and for ReverseNX I put SaltySD into every folder from root and into with no change in graphics. Also from the NSP.zip there I put the atmosphere folder into the atmosphere folder in root.
I am running 9.0.1 on emuMMC trough Hekate and Atmosphere. :)

EDIT: some mixups
EDIT2: got it to work. HOLY MOLY. best mod ever! incredible!!

Last edited by chaicracker,

ChinoCudeir0

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I added the exception for Luigi's and now Power button don't work. Any idea?

problem solved by reinstalling Atmosphère and Reverse.
now everything works perfect included Luigis.
Reverse it is for me essential, if I had to choose between luigi or reverse ... bye luigi.

thanks for create this tool:bow:

Last edited by ChinoCudeir0,

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I prefer to wait for official release date before updating exceptions.txt in case of day one patch that may make LM3 compatible with SaltyNX like with Witcher 3 release (for me W3 was not working with ReverseNX without update).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended