WIP ReverseNX - Flag your console as handheld or docked

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by masagrator, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Lyzing

Lyzing Member

Newcomer
    May 13, 2018
    Germany
    @masagrator it would be nice when we start a game ReverseNX would first check if a charging cable is plugged in, if yes use docked mode if no use handheld mode, I imagine a settings file similar to sys-clk

config.cfg
    [0100E95004038000]
    docked=docked
    handheld_charging=docked
    handheld_charging_usb=docked
    handheld_charging_official=docked
    handheld=handheld

In that way the most I would need to do when I'm suddenly on the go without charging is restart the game instead of closing the game, starting NXShell, renaming the docked.flag, starting the game

And a dream for the future would be a method to simulate docked <-> handheld mode while a game is already running, so the plugging in and unplugging file would make even more sense

Last edited by Lyzing, Jul 21, 2019
  2. masagrator
    OP

masagrator File digger

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    @Lyzing, I'll check it in the near future.

And about a dream - this is not possible with SaltyNX iirc (at least in current state).

Last edited by masagrator, Jul 21, 2019
  3. mrcroket

mrcroket Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2018
    Spain
    I was playing darksiders on simulated docked and then the game crashed with a software error (not atmosphere error) and returned to horizon. I opened the game again and the docked mod was disable, so I think that maybe was a reverseNX fail.

4. masagrator
    OP

masagrator File digger

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    Likely SaltyNX fault. In few days is coming a new revision, so stay tuned.

mrcroket likes this.
  5. Important Posts Version 0.3
    masagrator
    OP

masagrator File digger

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    New release containing smaller plugin and newest build of SaltyNX.
    Resolves many issues by blocking access to system apps and 32-bit apps.
    Got confirmation that now it's working fine with EmuMMC 8.1.0 even for people who had issues with 0.2.
    Still You need to use fusee-primary payload instead of Hekate Launch menu.

New bug came out with newest build of SaltyNX: if you have enabled cheats and cheats files for your booting game, OS will crash.
    For EmuMMC (and maybe sysnand too): if You're using freebird, then OS can crash if you try to open hbmenu while running game (don't know if this was an issue with older releases).

Issue with Hekate will be probably resolved with update for Hekate.

SaltyNX in this package is using KIP and ELFs instead of exefs.nsp, so remember to delete folder 0100000000534C56 from titles.

Stay tuned for more fixes.
    Thanks to shinyquagsire23 for taking his time to repair issues and @crow132 for help with tests.

Last edited by masagrator, Jul 22, 2019
    Hekel_UK, linuxares, crow132 and 4 others like this.
  6. m3anmug

m3anmug Member

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2019
    United States
    The new version is working great. Does this new version still work with the game title.id's? I noticed this version is missing the the flags folder from the last version. So can i just add that folder or will it mess something up?

7. masagrator
    OP

masagrator File digger

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    I just forgot to add folder. :ph34r: Titleid flag is still working.

I've updated 0.3 with flags folder and new ReverseNX with little fix to printing (it was showing GetOperationMode and GetPerformanceMode as 0, if it was using default settings. Now it doesn't print it when default settings are detected). It's only fix for log, so it was not worthy to make a new release.
    https://github.com/masagrator/ReverseNX/commit/a9116702388f0aeb4198c610be48751ef3d291b7

hippy dave and m3anmug like this.
  8. Daniel_CC

Daniel_CC Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2019
    Chile
    Chile
    Sorry but i cant do this work, im on EmuMMC 8.1.0, 0.3 ReverseNX and the switch crash with error code 2003-0008 (blue atmosphere screen) when i start a game (zelda, mortal kombat 11). Also, i use fusee-primary payload instead of Hekate Launch menu. Thanks

9. masagrator
    OP

masagrator File digger

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    Do you have any cheats in titles?

10. Daniel_CC

Daniel_CC Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2019
    Chile
    Chile
    Nope

11. ecl0674

ecl0674 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2019
    Russia
    0.3 doesn't work for me anymore. Games are launching but nothing change. Version 0.2 works fine. Using OFW 8.1.0 and Atmosphere 0.9.2

Last edited by ecl0674, Jul 22, 2019
  12. crow132

crow132 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2016
    Saint Helena
    make sure you delete the old title folder 0100000000534C56 for ReverseNX if you have it

also I would recommend you to make a backup of your current sd card, remove your atmosphere and sept folders and start from 0 with a new one, that way you may remove any possible incompatibility

it should totally works for you since I have the exact same setup (8.1.0 EmuMMC with atmosphere) and it does work for me

13. Daniel_CC

Daniel_CC Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2019
    Chile
    Chile
    i found the error, it was emuiibo sysmodule!

masagrator and crow132 like this.
  14. masagrator
    OP

masagrator File digger

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    Have you restarted Switch, deleted folder from titles and put all files (kip and ELFs) correctly? Send me saltysd.log on DM (first delete it, restart Switch, try to run game and then send me it).

15. ecl0674

ecl0674 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2019
    Russia
    Yes. Sorry i cant send a DM, i post it here.

Attached Files:

16. masagrator
    OP

masagrator File digger

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    Something is blocking access to debug info. Try to delete whole atmosphere folder and put a fresh one (remember to make copy) with only ReverseNX 0.3

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

New revision of SaltyNX is using svc debug to block access to 32-bit apps and system apps, so it may be in the way of something using it too that was working in 0.2.

ecl0674 likes this.
  17. ecl0674

ecl0674 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2019
    Russia
    Thank you so much, sir! I deleted the folder and created a new one and the .log is now correct (I think, because it is larger, than before), and ReverseNX 0.3 now works! I found out what was causing the problem. This is latest sys-ftpd (titleid 4200000000000E). This is actually sad, because sys-ftpd is a really usefull tool and everything works with ReverseNX 0.2. Well, it's time to try something else, or I will use v0.2 :))
    Thanks again for this amazing tool!

Last edited by ecl0674, Jul 22, 2019
  18. masagrator
    OP

masagrator File digger

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    Stick with 0.2. This is an issue that can be resolved. Just stay patient.

swutch, crow132 and ecl0674 like this.
  19. Hekel_UK

Hekel_UK Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2019
    United Kingdom
    guys, this might be the stupidest question ever, but where do I download saltyNX from?

20. masagrator
    OP

masagrator File digger

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    There is no release of it. Only git repo to compile by yourself.
    https://github.com/shinyquagsire23/SaltyNX