ReverseNX - Flag your console as handheld or docked

ReverseNX_logo_transparent_v4.png

ReverseNX

Combination of SaltyNX patches that force games to think that you are using docked or handheld mode.

You can use it to change graphics settings and unlock some options that are available only in docked/handheld mode. For now in experimental phase, because SaltyNX has many bugs that need to be patched.

To download latest SaltyNX, check links at the end of post.

To use ReverseNX, you need to use ReverseNX-Tool which can be downloaded at the end of this post. Check readme in repo to learn how to use it.

When forcing docked mode, it is recommended to use OC settings exactly as used in docked mode:
Code:
handheld_charging_gpu=768
handheld_charging_mem=1600

Known issues:
  • SaltyNX is still under development, so it may cause issues on it's own. More in SaltyNX repo.

Thanks to @Kirby567fan and @crow132 for testing.
To @RattletraPM for logo.
To @SunTheCourier for sys-clk Editor on which I have based ReverseNX-Tool >=2.0.0
To Borealis contributors for Borealis which I'm using from 3.0.0

ReverseNX-Tool

github repo: https://github.com/masagrator/ReverseNX-Tool
Releases: https://github.com/masagrator/ReverseNX-Tool/releases

SaltyNX
github repo: https://github.com/masagrator/SaltyNX
Releases: https://github.com/masagrator/SaltyNX/releases

Last edited by masagrator,

RRuler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is this absolutely safe to use, or will it somehow negatively impact my switch in the long term?

I mean, I cannot imagine that it does since it just replicates docked mode. But is the only reason for nintendo to deactivate this in handheld mode battery life? Or can it somehow damage components over the long time (Like when overclocking)?

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Is this absolutely safe to use, or will it somehow negatively impact my switch in the long term?

I mean, I cannot imagine that it does since it just replicates docked mode. But is the only reason for nintendo to deactivate this in handheld mode battery life? Or can it somehow damage components over the long time (Like when overclocking)?
For sure design intention was battery life because 768 MHz GPU could potentially damage battery in 2 years of constant usage.

SkullHex2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't thank you enough for this
Whoever worked on Nocturne HD Remaster needs to get their shit together, there are insane fps drops when the console is docked and you use certain moves (Heat Wave for instance)
Oh, and I also remember the game feeling pretty sluggish in the Amala Network area
Forcing handheld mode makes it look like a PS TV game, but at least the experience is much smoother
Plus you don't have to mess with config files or anything, since ReverseNX-Tool does everything for you c:

Last edited by SkullHex2,

TheRocK

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Why is it that it still shows handheld mode in sys-clk overlay and uses it's mode when switched to docked mode in reverse-nx-rt and reverse-nx tool of course with system-control turned off. This is, running doom eternal.

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Why is it that it still shows handheld mode in sys-clk overlay and uses it's mode when switched to docked mode in reverse-nx-rt and reverse-nx tool of course with system-control turned off. This is, running doom eternal.
Because sys-clk checks mode by asking system.
ReverseNX blocks game access to system for asking about mode and provides what user chose.

Last edited by masagrator,
Reactions: TheRocK

TheRocK

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Because sys-clk checks mode by asking system.
ReverseNX blocks game access to system for asking about mode and provides what user chose.

I get it. Would you say there is a difference, between using sys-clk and using docked clocks in handheld versus using sys-clk combined with reversenx?

Edit: Also how would I see if the docked profile is active, other than in the tool itself?

Last edited by TheRocK,

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I get it. Would you say there is a difference, between using sys-clk and using docked clocks in handheld versus using sys-clk combined with reversenx?

Edit: Also how would I see if the docked profile is active, other than in the tool itself?
Without ReverseNX game won't magically change graphics settings to docked mode just because you changed clocks.

About second one: Who knows... :creep:

Reactions: TheRocK

TheRocK

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Without ReverseNX game won't magically change graphics settings to docked mode just because you changed clocks.

About second one: Who knows... :creep:

Will it even run in 1080p, even though the switch display resolution is 720p? I don't really see a difference, hence why I was wondering if it is even active.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol