ReverseNX - Flag your console as handheld or docked

ReverseNX_logo_transparent_v4.png

ReverseNX

Combination of SaltyNX patches that force games to think that you are using docked or handheld mode.

You can use it to change graphics settings and unlock some options that are available only in docked/handheld mode. For now in experimental phase, because SaltyNX has many bugs that need to be patched.

To download latest SaltyNX, check links at the end of post.

To use ReverseNX, you need to use ReverseNX-Tool which can be downloaded at the end of this post. Check readme in repo to learn how to use it.

When forcing docked mode, it is recommended to use OC settings exactly as used in docked mode:
Code:
handheld_charging_gpu=768
handheld_charging_mem=1600

Known issues:
  • SaltyNX is still under development, so it may cause issues on it's own. More in SaltyNX repo.

Thanks to @Kirby567fan and @crow132 for testing.
To @RattletraPM for logo.
To @SunTheCourier for sys-clk Editor on which I have based ReverseNX-Tool >=2.0.0
To Borealis contributors for Borealis which I'm using from 3.0.0

ReverseNX-Tool

github repo: https://github.com/masagrator/ReverseNX-Tool
Releases: https://github.com/masagrator/ReverseNX-Tool/releases

SaltyNX
github repo: https://github.com/masagrator/SaltyNX
Releases: https://github.com/masagrator/SaltyNX/releases

Last edited by masagrator,

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Does it mean that now games that run at 1080/900p when docked will run at that resolution in handheld mode?

If so, this is amazing !
They will run at the same graphics settings set by devs in docked mode if you use docked.flag in handheld and docked mode.

Lyzing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does it mean that now games that run at 1080/900p when docked will run at that resolution in handheld mode?

If so, this is amazing !
Yes this is probably the best homebrew right after sys-clk, xenoblade looks super sharp it's like a night day difference

Reactions: Humanity

RattletraPM

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Who made this leet logo? I want to borrow it. :D

And thanks for promoting.
I did, glad you like it! :ha: (Whenever there's something that I want to promote and has no logo or images I can use, I fire up GIMP and make something on the fly!)
I'll PM you the XCF and everything

Last edited by RattletraPM,
D

Deleted User

Sorry for my ignorance, what does this plugin do...? it enables 1080p handheld mode or what...?

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Oh nice. Would like to use this to make BoTW run in 720p mode while docked. Would think this would greatly improve framerates. Is there a game specific patch for BoTW that does this? It's a shame this doesn't work on EmuMMC yet as that's what I use now and this not working on that is a deal breaker. :(

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Sorry for my ignorance, what does this plugin do...? it enables 1080p handheld mode or what...?
Plugin replace at game boot functions responsible for asking Switch in what mode are you right now.
So if you will use docked.flag and game asks "what mode are you using now?", instead of code that asks Switch about it game instantly replies to themself "Docked".

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Plugin replace at game boot functions responsible for asking Switch in what mode are you right now.
So if you will use docked.flag and game asks "what mode are you using now?", instead of code that asks Switch about it game instantly replies to themself "Docked".
Wow that's nasty, how far the scene has come!

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Oh nice. Would like to use this to make BoTW run in 720p mode while docked. Would think this would greatly improve framerates. Is there a game specific patch for BoTW that does this? It's a shame this doesn't work on EmuMMC yet as that's what I use now and this not working on that is a deal breaker. :(
I made not a long ago patch that does something reversed.
https://github.com/masagrator/NXGraphicsPatches/tree/master/The Legend of Zelda Breath of The Wild/exefs_patches/ZeldaHighRes-1.6.0

This should work. It needs 1.6.0:

Attachments

• ZeldaDockedtoHandheld.zip
    626 bytes · Views: 246
Last edited by masagrator,

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country