Reverse wii hacking

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by pmk010, Feb 5, 2012.

Feb 5, 2012

Reverse wii hacking by pmk010 at 5:01 PM (1,476 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. pmk010
    OP

Member pmk010 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I've modded my wii but want to know if it is reversable. I am thinking about the future. If I want to sell it etc.

2. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Funny...a friend of mine proposed to hack his wii in exchange for a PS2 he never used. And frankly, as far as the future goes, that's still a pretty sweet deal. :P

Seriously, though...you can undo your hacks, but it's not that easy and certainly not advised. The process is called revirginizing, and while it may be possible, you have to make sure to do it in the correct order.

here's a guide to do it.

The alternative option is to use Giantpune's ohneswanzenegger program (or something among those lines). That properly puts the wii so much in a virgin state that even nintendo shouldn't be able to find out that it was hacked before.

3. Fishaman P

Member Fishaman P Speedrunner

United States
    Modmii can revirginize, and with the invention of CASPER we shouldn't have to mod another Wii again!

4. Slowking

Member Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    Well HBC is still more convenient than starting up an eploit to start casper, every time.

I guess the most convinient mod with the least footprint should be Priiloader -> *neek.
    With that just uninstall priiloader and there shouldn't be any traces.

5. pmk010
    OP

Member pmk010 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Thanks sooo much. At last I can rest knowing I can still sell my wii. Thanks to all :D.

6. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    No it can't!! Where did you get that idea from? XFlak is strictly against the idea of revirginizing.

1 person likes this.
  7. akari212

Member akari212 GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    there's no point of reverginizing your Wii, its totally dangerous. if you done something wrong or by just a single corrupted file on your SD card, your wii is ruined.

plus if its warranty that counts on, im sure its already expired as nintendo only gives 3months of warranty on their product. So even if they see that you have hacks on your wii, they just going to delete those and re-apply new software (ive sent one of my Wii before, same hardware but the hacks are gone. also ive paid extra cash from them since the warranty period is over)

8. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    the wii comes with a 1 year warranty. and you get 3 extra months just for registering your console on the nintendo website. then you get another year if you ever send them your wii for repairs and they do something to it to fix it.

9. Lucif3r

Member Lucif3r GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden

Maybe in japan, but the rest of the world have at least 1 year warranty.