Hacking Reverse controller engineering... or something...

MKKhanzo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do remember a long time ago, those hacks implemented on some games that used the Wiimote only, to be played with the Classic pad.

I will be direct: Can this be done but to use a Gamecube pad INSTEAD of the mandatory Wi Classic?

Game in question: Samurai Shodown Anthology, wich is LOCKED to only Classic pad.

Why: Using a Gamecube to PS2 pad and use my damn arcade stick.

Edit: When I said reverse egineering, was referring to how for example, Nintendont allowed the contrary, instead of Cube pads, use the classic ones.

Thanks in advance everyone!!!

EDIT 2:

Trumpet: Actually.... no... no you're quite wrong. This is not the same thing as wii functions in GC mode... The GC hardware is fully accessible at all times by the wii and wouldn't require (much) extra programming. The Wii SDK contains all the necessary libraries to easily add different controller mechanisms... wouldn't even take a single programmer an afternoon to get GC controller support up and running.

The real reason is simply because there are millions more wii owners than there ever was GC owners... While it may be a nice feature to have, it could confuse new customers or it could just simply not be stream lined enough (simple is better is the slogan of the wii). Even with that said, a very large chunk of classic controller games DO support GC controllers (Dokapon, Smash brawl, Muramasa: The Demon Blade... just to name the first 3 that game to mind)

(edit) To expand onto my original point.... It doesn't matter whether you have a device hookup to the wiimote or the GC controller point from a programming perspective (beyond setting up the proper libraries, which again are included in the SDK. No game developers ever have to write their own code to handle controller inputs, only how those inputs act with their games
wink.gif
). You still have to have a proper software library for the classic controller just like you would for the GC controller.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/classic-controller-gc-controller-support.257648/

Last edited by MKKhanzo,

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Well, you're (kinda) lucky, I'm planning to make a homebrew that transforms GC controller inputs to classic controller inputs (but please, do not have any hope on me)

Reactions: MKKhanzo

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do remember a long time ago, those hacks implemented on some games that used the Wiimote only, to be played with the Classic pad.

I will be direct: Can this be done but to use a Gamecube pad INSTEAD of the mandatory Wi Classic?

Game in question: Samurai Shodown Anthology, wich is LOCKED to only Classic pad.

Why: Using a Gamecube to PS2 pad and use my damn arcade stick.

Edit: When I said reverse egineering, was referring to how for example, Nintendont allowed the contrary, instead of Cube pads, use the classic ones.

Thanks in advance everyone!!!

EDIT 2:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/classic-controller-gc-controller-support.257648/

While I can't say if anything for sure is being worked on I can offer you this solution that will accomplish what you're looking for: https://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-Gam...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=A37YZ8DY3256QJ94V0HD

A Gamecube controller to Wiimote adapter which causes the gamecube to be treated as Classic controller. The one I linked to comes with 2 adapters but I'm sure you can find just one adapter if thats what you're looking for.

Reactions: MKKhanzo

MKKhanzo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, you're (kinda) lucky, I'm planning to make a homebrew that transforms GC controller inputs to classic controller inputs (but please, do not have any hope on me)

Well I will be on the lookout and can test if you need so!

While I can't say if anything for sure is being worked on I can offer you this solution that will accomplish what you're looking for: https://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-Gam...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=A37YZ8DY3256QJ94V0HD

A Gamecube controller to Wiimote adapter which causes the gamecube to be treated as Classic controller. The one I linked to comes with 2 adapters but I'm sure you can find just one adapter if thats what you're looking for.

Hmmmm this is a VERY interesting option. I was also looking at something like these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Wi...848964?hash=item567b103c04:g:F8AAAOSwBahVfq5E

Because my arcade stick is for PS2. But that would mean ANOTHER adaptor on top of that one. I dont want to add more lag/delay than the "presumable" 1 frame added by normal converters. Also avoid the battery stuff on the wiimote.

While some people would say "but if your stick is already PS2, then use that version" or "on ps2 looks crisper blah blah", NOTHING beats the Wii SamSho Anthology load times.

We are talking like 5 seconds or less, vs 1 minute and a half to 2 full minutes!

Thanks both of you!

Last edited by MKKhanzo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm