Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

This is a homebrew port of reVC for the Nintendo Wii U. The original reVC project can be found here.

To play this port you need a copy of GTA Vice City.
You can get the game here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/12110/Grand_Theft_Auto_Vice_City/

Installation Instructions
Run from Homebrew Launcher:

- Download 'reVC.rpx' and 'gamefiles.zip' from the latest reVC-wiiu release on the releases page.
- Copy the 'reVC.rpx', the contents of the 'gamefiles.zip' and the contents of your game installation to 'wiiu/apps/reVC' on your SD Card. Don't overwrite any files from the 'gamefiles.zip'.
- Run the game from the Homebrew Launcher.

Install as channel
- Download the 'channel.zip' from the latest reVC-wiiu release on the releases page.
Note: The 'reVC.rpx' in the 'channel.zip' is different than the 'reVC.rpx' on the releases page.
- Extract the 'channel.zip' to your PC.
- Copy the contents of your GTA Vice City installation to the 'content' folder, inside the 'reVC' folder (Don't overwrite any files).
- Download the 'NUSPacker.jar' from here and place it next to the 'reVC' folder.
- Run the following command in a terminal or cmd window (Replace the zeros with the Wii U common key)
Code:
java -jar NUSPacker.jar -in reVC -out reVC_channel -encryptKeyWith 00000000000000000000000000000000
- Install the 'reVC_channel' folder with a WUP Installer

The initial start will cache some files and will take a while. Don't worry if you're stuck on a black screen for a few minutes.
When you start a game for the first time the textures need to be converted. This can take a while.
If you for some reason cancel this conversion, delete the 'txd.img' and 'txd.dir' in the 'wiiu/apps/reVC/models' folder on your SD Card before you launch the game again.

Both the Gamepad and the Wii U Pro Controller are supported for input.

Both the channel and the Homebrew Launcher version save to the 'wiiu/apps/reVC' folder on your SD Card.
Saves aren't compatible with the PC version due to different endianness.

Feel free to report any other issues here or on the GitHub repo.
If you get a crash or assert screen, please post an image of it here.

Known Bugs
- Let me know if you find any

Thanks to the GTAmodding team for making this port possible by doing all the reverse engineering of GTA Vice City.
Also thanks to everyone involved with the re3-wiiu port.

Source Code: https://github.com/GaryOderNichts/re3-wiiu/tree/miami-wiiu

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
@GaryOderNichts great stuff I barely get a chance to play my Wii U but I will be giving this a go and installing it thank you

Just compiled both into channels gonna get them on my Wii U and try them out great stuff hopefully San Andreas also happens would be amazing to see

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk

Last edited by danny19901,

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, who said we won't be be getting the rumored remastered GTA Trilogy on Wii U too, huh? :P

Awesome work @GaryOderNichts !
I'll take a look at this for sure. VC is one of my fav GTAs

Just need San Andreas at this point. I'd certainly welcome both the Stories games too. As far as I know San Andreas hasn't been decompiled yet though.

Reactions: fmhugo

emanubit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just need San Andreas at this point. I'd certainly welcome both the Stories games too. As far as I know San Andreas hasn't been decompiled yet though.

Yeah, we only have the GTA SA Android port on Vita. But that would be one hell of a work to put into the Wii U, I am afraid.

MaddaddyDonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I’m going into Court and the game crashes…? First mission…

Attachments

• 442B5DDB-3E33-43CE-8DB5-54FD2AD94869.jpeg
    442B5DDB-3E33-43CE-8DB5-54FD2AD94869.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 255

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@GaryOderNichts Have you checked reLCS? It runs great on PC, aside some glitches here and there, and apparently it is completable. Is it portable to other platforms already?

Not asking for it, of course, just wondering.
It might be completable, but there are a lot of bugs. I wouldn't say just some glitches here and there.
It also still gets a lot of changes, so I'll wait until it gets more stable.

I’m going into Court and the game crashes…? First mission…
Is the game always crashing at that mission for you? Edit: Oh oops, looks like that slipped through after pulling the latest changes before the release. I'll fix that asap.

Last edited by GaryOderNichts,
Reactions: Manuel_Dust23

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It might be completable, but there are a lot of bugs. I wouldn't say just some glitches here and there.
It also still gets a lot of changes, so I'll wait until it gets more stable.
Oh, ok. I have completed Portland and only got one error (skippable) in a mission. There are some leftovers? from Vice City, but other than that I haven't seen more problems. It's been like 10 years since I completed the game last time, so I am probably wrong.

There have been a lot of commits lately, so yeah, definitely worth waiting.

Last edited by Deleted member 323844,

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Had to push a small update...
Changelog:
  • Fixed a crash when playing a mission.
This fixes the issue @MaddaddyDonkey mentioned. Sorry for that... Looks like that bug appeared after I pulled all the latest changes and did all the playtesting.

How to update:
Update the Homebrew Launcher version:

- Download the latest 'reVC.rpx' and 'gamefiles.zip' from the releases page.
- Copy the 'reVC.rpx' and the contents of the 'gamefiles.zip' to 'wiiu/apps/reVC' on your SD Card. (Overwrite any already existing files)
Update the Channel:
- Remove the currently installed channel via Data Management. This won't remove any save files since they are stored on the SD Card.
- Re-follow the 'Install as channel' steps in the OP.

Download: https://github.com/GaryOderNichts/re3-wiiu/releases/tag/vc-2021-08-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol