Homebrew RELEASE reVC: Reverse engineered GTA Vice City - Switch port

Bazzaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
This just puts even more support behind the leak that a GTA 3 + VC + SA remaster is coming out very soon. So Re3 is taken down so Take Two can profit more off the remaster.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Mine crashes with Error Code: 2168-0002 (0x4a8) both with and without full RAM. Get to main screen, start new game and then this error

EDIT: Did a new install and now I get the "software closed because of an error" message in full RAM mode. Normal mode still gives the error code above?

Last edited by bazamuffin,

Sparx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Mine crashes with Error Code: 2168-0002 (0x4a8) both with and without full RAM. Get to main screen, start new game and then this error

EDIT: Did a new install and now I get the "software closed because of an error" message in full RAM mode. Normal mode still gives the error code above?
Same thing happens for me with Vice City and 3, but with a different error code

sicurri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand Rockstar, it's not like the ports will be the new games. I mean, we all are probably going to download the games for free anyways because we all have homebrewed consoles, but still. If the remakes are good, and not just the original with slightly updated UI, I'll purchase it on PC so that when mods come out I can mod the crap out of it. If they are crap, then at least we'd have the originals.

SeongGino

The Average One
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand Rockstar, it's not like the ports will be the new games. I mean, we all are probably going to download the games for free anyways because we all have homebrewed consoles, but still.
Overarching statements like these are probably exhibit A of why *Take Two are seeking compensation.
We really should be working on making better examples of ourselves if we really want T2's dumbass claims of 'piracy' to sink as they rightfully should.

Even if the ports are literally just that, but if they can at least fix the highFPS speedup bugs, I'd say that's worth a purchase in of itself.
Games don't need to be lavishly updated with all the bells and whistles modders do. Just look at Nightdive's ports.
They just need to be readily available for all the platforms they can so the public can actually buy them without having to resort to fans fixing their shit.

But, oh wait, asking developers to make finished games at release. Oh, who am I kidding?

Last edited by SeongGino,

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
based on what?

"Don't just copy paste from IDA, make it look nice "

One of the instructions for compiling

Clean Room means that you have no knowledge or seen any code at all from the source. This statement is implying not only that the code has been looked at, but to engineer it in a way to make it look like clean room RE when it's not

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs