Rev10 causes Wii to freeze everytime i insert a disc.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by jcasas392, Apr 22, 2009.

1. jcasas392
    OP

Newcomer jcasas392 Member

United States
    everytime i pop in a game... doesn't matter if it's a backup, or original. the system menu freezes. i've tried uninstalling all ios' above 200. and only reinstalled rev10. using both the wad and network installation options. nothing. it even freezes with no disc in the console after a few minutes. it's really annoying. works great with rev9. but then i cant seem to get the cover images to show on the usb loader.

am i wrong? or should the images work on rev9 also? i don't care about loading off the sd. i just want to be able to have the images show and not have the system freeze. let the flaming and some helping (hopefully) begin...

edit: for now i installed the usb loader's boot.dol file through preloader, and set it up so the wii turns on right to the loader. this is great because it bypasses the chance of it freezing. but i still can't access the system menu without it freezing.

i noticed that in the preloader, there is an option as to which ios you want to run. i have it on ios249. but there are like 4 other options. is this the right choice?

2. mattickus

Newcomer mattickus Member

United States
    I had the same issue with preloader set to run off 249. Change it to run off 36 and if u have CIOSCORP it will run your legal backups from from disc channel just like in 3.2

3. jcasas392
    OP

Newcomer jcasas392 Member

United States
    dude, i cant thank you enough. thats all it was. i had changed the ios system menu in preloader like a dumbass. my wii is back to working 100% flawlessly!