Hacking rev 19 triiforce problem

sisyphus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I followed the sticky guide {Modify any Wii 4.2 & below}. That worked great. I'm on 4.2E. I've got neogamma loading off the usb hdd fine.

Then I tried getting triiforce working, but I can't install wads to my backup nand (on usb) because it doesn't support ios249 rev 19 (and the sticky has left me with that one - i think).

How can I most easily get wad manger working?

Help. Thanks.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The easiest is to downgrade to rev17. Triiforce (or at least triiforce_mrc, which is a modification) doesn't work with rev18 or 19, but supposedly works with (as of writing unreleased) rev20.

This isn't as dangerous as it may sound: cIOS249 isn't crucial for your wii's working, so you can safely up- and downgrade without risking a brick (at most, a couple wii games won't start).

EDIT: mentioned in later posts, but indeed: simply running the installer of an earlier version will overwrite any newer version (or vice versa...whatever you're installing will overwrite what's already there).

sisyphus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the speedy reply. I had kinda got that idea but how to do it. I've got MMM installed, but I can't find any "fools guide to downgrading cIOS249".

I just don't get it. Almost. I think I was very close to getting it working on SD.

Just a recap then: steps to downgrade to rev 17 please?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM