rev 19 triiforce problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by sisyphus, Apr 28, 2010.

Apr 28, 2010

rev 19 triiforce problem by sisyphus at 2:06 PM (1,034 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. sisyphus
    OP

Newcomer sisyphus Member

United Kingdom
    I followed the sticky guide {Modify any Wii 4.2 & below}. That worked great. I'm on 4.2E. I've got neogamma loading off the usb hdd fine.

Then I tried getting triiforce working, but I can't install wads to my backup nand (on usb) because it doesn't support ios249 rev 19 (and the sticky has left me with that one - i think).

How can I most easily get wad manger working?

Help. Thanks.

2. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    The easiest is to downgrade to rev17. Triiforce (or at least triiforce_mrc, which is a modification) doesn't work with rev18 or 19, but supposedly works with (as of writing unreleased) rev20.

This isn't as dangerous as it may sound: cIOS249 isn't crucial for your wii's working, so you can safely up- and downgrade without risking a brick (at most, a couple wii games won't start).

EDIT: mentioned in later posts, but indeed: simply running the installer of an earlier version will overwrite any newer version (or vice versa...whatever you're installing will overwrite what's already there).

3. sisyphus
    OP

Newcomer sisyphus Member

United Kingdom
    Thanks for the speedy reply. I had kinda got that idea but how to do it. I've got MMM installed, but I can't find any "fools guide to downgrading cIOS249".

I just don't get it. Almost. I think I was very close to getting it working on SD.

Just a recap then: steps to downgrade to rev 17 please?

4. kamins

Newcomer kamins Member

Lithuania
    Just use the rev 17 installer.

5. sisyphus
    OP

Newcomer sisyphus Member

United Kingdom
    Downgraded to rev 17. Everything working fine. Thanks. Thanks. Thanks.