Hacking Reuse EUR save created in US console in another EUR console, same ROM. Possible?

mvmiranda

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello,

I tried to ask this question in the "NOOB ROOM" since it's a simple question but I guess I didn't get the proper attention, so I decided to ask it here.

I have two 3DS 4.5, one US and another EUR. I started playing the Fantasy Life EUR ROM on my US console some time ago. Now that I've pretty much ended the game (65 hours of gameplay), at least the main story I decided to take my savefile and play the same ROM on my EUR game so I can buy the DLC. Guess what?! The console didn't recognize the savefile. The ROM is exactly the same with the same header. One thing I have to mention is that I accessed the ingame feature to buy the DLC and it did something to my SD Card.

So my question is: will this savefile for the EUR game created on my US console ever work in my EUR console?

Thanks!

Seroczynski

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I may be wrong about this, but I think you might have patched your game in your EUR 3DS. You can try to update your EmuNAND on your USA 3DS, access the same ingame feature as you did on your EUR 3DS, save your game and transfer it again to see what happens.

Reactions: mvmiranda

mvmiranda

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I may be wrong about this, but I think you might have patched your game in your EUR 3DS. You can try to update your EmuNAND on your USA 3DS, access the same ingame feature as you did on your EUR 3DS, save your game and transfer it again to see what happens.

If I try to access the ingame feature, since my ROM is EUR and the console is US, I cannot access the EUR side of the DLC shop to buy it.

That's what I thought. I mean, maybe accessing the DLC shop from my EUR console patched the ROM. I'll try loading the same game in my US console and see what happens.

Thx for the tip.

EDIT:
It worked! I loaded the ROM and was able to load my savefile.

Reactions: Seroczynski

mvmiranda

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I have "discovered the issue".
Humbly speaking I didn't know that and I honestly speaking dunno if this is the same same for many other games.

The game in particular here is Fantasy Life EUR. Turns out it actually create "additional files" under the Nintendo 3DS folder right here:
Nintendo 3DS\<uniqueID1>\<uniqueID2>\extdata\00000000\00001131\00000000

I still can't use my save after copying the folder but this time it gives me a "corrupted" save error.

Any clues?

EDIT:
There's no way. The "extra data" is encrypted per console I guess.
Comparing the files I can see they are completely different and copying them from one console to another doesn't work either. I guess I'm doomed :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)