Hacking Returning Wii To Factory settings?

wingzrow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got 2 people that have effectively bricked their wiis and are willing to sell them to me cheap but i don't know the nature of the bricks other than they are software related. Is there a way to return a wii to factory settings? Firmware and all?

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Put in a modchip, load the brick fixer disc, run SystemMenu-v2xx.WAD to reinstall the NAND...

done!

If you can't/don't want to, send them to me, I'll reload them, and send them back

ComplicatioN

Broken Barriers
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
zidane_genome said:
Put in a modchip, load the brick fixer disc, run SystemMenu-v2xx.WAD to reinstall the NAND...

done!

If you can't/don't want to, send them to me, I'll reload them, and send them back
by brick fixer disc u mean auto boot wad manager or bushings semi brick fix disc?
and whats this WAD? (Not Requesting if i made it sound like i did)

wingzrow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found a wad called wii-ntsc-systemmenu-v289.wad

Is this what I need to install to bring it down to it's former formware and settings? Also, one is only semi bricked so I can use wad manager. Would installing this through wad manager work? What firmware would the wii end up being when all is said and done?

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Hackmii.com bushings semi brick fixer will install said WAD...

What the WAD is, is your System... basiclly... it'll overwrite all the bad bricked files, with a fresh 3.2 system... Just like if you got it new.

If it's a banner brick, then you'll want to make an autoboot disc and put AnyTitleDeleter on your SD Card...

If you delete all the WADs, and reinstall the SystemMenu, you should be good to go...

wingzrow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One i know for a fact 1 has ios55 and ios53 on it to try and play newer games, even though it was on 3.3

If i go On the semi bricked one, could i go to format the wii to get rid of any wads , reinstall the wad manager, then install the system menu wad to be 100% sure that it's back to normal? Would this work?

wingzrow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The wii fix disc isn't recognized by the unchipped wii. Will this recovery disc only work on a wii that has a chip on it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.