Gaming Returning Flashed RRoD 360

diew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has experience about sending back their flashed 360 due to Red Rings. Has anyone gotten rejected because Microsoft has found out that the 360 was flashed/hacked? I'm kind of nervous about sending my 360 back because of the constant freezing and the intermittent red rings I keep getting. I'm also unsure of whether or not to send it back because according to their support page, and I quote:
"**NOTE**
If you choose 'Yes', above, we will confirm that the three flashing light failure has occurred on your console upon receipt. If this cannot be confirmed, we may return the console to you unrepaired."

I am currently getting RRoD but at times, it goes away and it works for a minute or two and freezes and when restarted, the RRoD comes back.

Any suggestions or feedback is appreciated.

diew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm, my cousin had a 360 that went RRoD and sent it back to Microsoft. Luckily, he had his 360 replaced with a new one and it just had to be reflashed again. He told me that they don't look at your 360 because it is a common problem and if it does have the RRoD, Microsoft most likely put it in a pile. Anyone else think this is reasonable?

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A fellow mod (cannot remember who exactly atm) had a rrod machine which was flashed. He sent it in and got a new one w/ no problems. The thread is somewhere on the boards.

charlie1212

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mine was sent back unrepaired even if the warranty sticker was intact after flashing the drive. Take the chance anyway, it will cost you nothing. They assume all shipping charges and i am not even banned from live.
Since I had nothing to lose, I did the X clamp mod myself and manage to salvage my 360 wich is running like a brand new one since the mod. I also added a 70mm fan on top and a heat sensor with digital display. All in all, it cost me 25 bucks.
Better than buying a new one... for now.
Here'a pic

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.