Returning a flashed 360?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by War, Dec 23, 2008.

Dec 23, 2008

Returning a flashed 360? by War at 9:53 PM (675 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    My 360 is flashed, and not to be negative or anything, but I KNOW eventually I will get RROD. I'm wondering... if I still have the warranty sticker at hand and put it in the correct place before sending it in, will they fix it? Do they check to see if its flashed, or they just check to see if you have the sticker? If something happens, will they just send it back without repairing it? And if they do decide to fix it, would they send me a new 360 with a Lite-On drive or something?

2. Gaisuto

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    Mine was flashed when I sent it to them, with the warranty sticker off too. They did still fix it, but they replaced the drive with a Lite On. Which as of today can be flashed too so it's not really much of a problem anymore.

3. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Ah alright, so not too bad then. Thank God the unflashable drives can be flashed now... phew. So I guess if I get RROD the worst thing that can happen is that I'll have to reflash my 360.

4. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    You could also just play dumb! ... if they did say anything just tell them you bought it second hand and had no clue [​IMG]

5. playallday

Member playallday Group: GBAtemp Ghost

Canada
    REALLY?!?! I just got one with the warranty sticker off (but it was made in 2007) for $25 (has RRoD)!! If so that would be great!