Hardware Retroport Q?

DaFees

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I'm sure you all know, you can get usb / gamecube to NES / SNES adapters for your Wii / PC. Example, here.

Now my question to you all is, I know the gamecube to NES / SNES is made specifically for the Wii, but using the usb ports found on the Wii, could I use a USB to NES / SNES adapter (designed for the PC) on the Wii? I ask this because it would be nice if I could have only one adapter for both my Wii and PC.

Volkov

Trophies
XP
Country
Now there is something that would be useful. It's these small things, along with things like using the wiimote power button in gamecube mode, and being able to move the cursor in the system menu using a gcn controller, that are the best features i would want in a custom IOS, but everyone seems so bent on just the piracy uses. like a modchip costs too much for them or something.

If you had some soldering experience, you could make one nes / snes controller, that had two plugs on it, I have something similar, that way it would plug into usb and a gcn port...

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No, sorry, but it won't work, since the Wii doesn't "know" what to do with it.

if you wrote a library that could read the USB ports, and know what buttons did what, you could use an emulator with USB controls, but as of now, if you just want to use a USB gamepad with a Wii/VC/Wiiware/Gamecube game, you can't...

Good luck though!

Volkov

Trophies
XP
Country
You could only use them in homebrew/custom written firmware/IOS, not actual games because the games are written to take certain inputs, and that isn't from the usb

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah forgot to turn that off