Hacking RetroGameFan Updates/Releases

Megadriver94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I finally did the second part of the procedure by copying and pasting the necessary files (such as YSmenu.nds and TTmenu.dat) from the R4i-SDHC section of the Retrogamefan multi cart folder. Now, then...

Megadriver94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I got a problem with my 2019 R4 SDHC Gold pro now. When the Flashcart boots, it goes to an orange loading screen and appears to stay there. Maybe I'm being a little too impatient when it comes to the loading time, but what gives?

Codemastershock

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you for your quick response. Unfortunately it didn't help me. After all these steps, I get an "Error" error. Are there other options?
The one I have is similar (R4ISDHC RENOVATION 2.20T), it is not compatible with anything that isnt the original kernel and executable on the boot level (which is awful since if I hadnt found years ago the original kernel and made a copy it would be lost to time, since the original site doesnt exist), but if you copy the YSmenu files and try to boot the YSmenu.nds, it works (meaning that primary booting is not possible).
What you can do however is to give a quick access to YSmenu instead of seeking the YSmenu.nds on the game list everytime.
If it includes a Multimedia icon and Moonshell you can replace and rename the moonshell folders to the ones on YSmenu (I think I renamed the YSmenu.nds to moonshl2.nds), so when the flashcard starts, instead of clicking on the Game icon, you click on the Multimedia icon to load YSmenu quicker.

This flashcard had only one update on its lifetime to support DSi system update 1.4 and that is it. The original kernel works but has issues with games released later on the DS life like Pokemon BW2 and the most recent Yu Gi Oh game on the DS which I dont remember the name. With YSmenu all games work fine, even romhacks and translations, contrary to some posts saying that the original kernel in their flashcards is better.

Last edited by Codemastershock,

AngealSnow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hey, can someone Say me the offsets of the APpatch of Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2 (Spanish Patch) im tried to do manually the changes of the offsets, because the scene no allow me to aply the Patch

mosschop

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello! Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask, but I'm picking up a R4i unlimited upgradable card (r4i-gold.hk) tomorrow for £5. Is this card okay or am I better off putting that money towards something else? Thank you :)

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello! Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask, but I'm picking up a R4i unlimited upgradable card (r4i-gold.hk) tomorrow for £5. Is this card okay or am I better off putting that money towards something else? Thank you :)
Not a good buy, in my opinion. You'd be better off with an Ace3DS+, especially in 2022: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/185395637366

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Megadriver94

Nerdphobia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, any help here, I have a copy of all the files and folders from the R4isdhc folder, but it still gave me an error message, this is my flashcard, please I need your help guys.

I want to install YSMenu and make it as PRIMARY Kernel when launching the cartridge.

Attachments

• photo_2022-05-19_10-00-54.jpg
    photo_2022-05-19_10-00-54.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 100

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hey guys, any help here, I have a copy of all the files and folders from the R4isdhc folder, but it still gave me an error message, this is my flashcard, please I need your help guys.

I want to install YSMenu and make it as PRIMARY Kernel when launching the cartridge.
Use the one from the “R4i-SDHC” folder

Reactions: zfreeman

Nerdphobia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the one from the “R4i-SDHC” folder
Thank you so much finally it's working, but can this kernel play some English patched ROMs? I have tried Metal Max 2 and Metal Max 3, but always an error to launch the games, or is this because my flashcard is bad or not original?

Attachments

• photo_2022-05-19_10-54-47.jpg
    photo_2022-05-19_10-54-47.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 99
  • photo_2022-05-19_10-54-47 (2).jpg
    photo_2022-05-19_10-54-47 (2).jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 95

rennsport

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does sleep mode not work when play a game? For me on my R4 Gold it only seems to work when I close my DSi LL on the YSMenu and not in game.

Megadriver94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright then, I have been sitting on this for months out of caution and worry. I know I did what was needed for modding of the primary Kernel as per that the section on my type of flash card (2019 R4 SDHC Gold Pro). Now, can I use it and expect it to boot properly on my DS Lite, or is enabling dual booting also required in order for this to work?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/Eu4hiUW.jpg