Hacking RetroGameFan Updates/Releases

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
kirbymaster101 said:
is it possible for the next update to inclue r4crypt so users can use ysmenu natively on their r4s?
There really isn't a need since it's already so easy to get and use, just follow this guide.
Also why not use Wood R4? It's far better than YSmenu.

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
12345 said:
bitonio6 said:
12345 said:
Will be 3ds games work on ttds?
unsure.gif
You know the difference between a Bluray and a DVD ?
A simple DVD player cant play a Bluray

So a simple DS cant play a 3DS game!

No, i mean will be 3ds games work on 3dstt?
3DSTT is only a name on y DS flashcard, that's all!

Actualy, except for the CycloDSi Evolution (totaly useless flashcard),
you have only "DS flashcard COMPATIBLE DS/DSi/3DS"

So you can only play DS game on DS/DSi/3DS

3DS game was dumped, but they are useless
because until something will work on 3DS,
a lot work need to be done before!

Decrypt how the 3DS work, how work the protections,
creat a special flascard, recognized like a REAL 3DS Game, etc...

if we have one 3DS flashcard until the end of 2011,
we will be very lucky !!!

MDashK

Trophies
Website
www.mixwaves.net
XP
Country
Hi there. =)

First off, I'm new here, pleased to meet you all.
I've been around the site for years now but never registered nor had the need for it. XD Yeah. Lazy visitor. lol

Anyways, (hope I'm asking this in the right section), on to the question:

I have a DSTTi Revolution card for my DSi. I've always used this databases and they always worked right. EXCEPT for one game.

Don't know why, but Pokémon HeartGold or SoulSilver always tend to freeze after a couple of minutes of play.
I already tried various patches, the databases are up to date, and the method I used is: load the original firmware of the cart, load YSMenu.nds, and then select the game.

So the question is: Does it exist any patch that can be applied to the game? Because, if the databases are up to date... I dunno any other method... =S

Thanks in advance for anyone that replies to this, and stay cool. =)

- MDashK

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MDashK said:
Hi there. =)

First off, I'm new here, pleased to meet you all.
I've been around the site for years now but never registered nor had the need for it. XD Yeah. Lazy visitor. lol

Anyways, (hope I'm asking this in the right section), on to the question:

I have a DSTTi Revolution card for my DSi. I've always used this databases and they always worked right. EXCEPT for one game.

Don't know why, but Pokémon HeartGold or SoulSilver always tend to freeze after a couple of minutes of play.
I already tried various patches, the databases are up to date, and the method I used is: load the original firmware of the cart, load YSMenu.nds, and then select the game.

So the question is: Does it exist any patch that can be applied to the game? Because, if the databases are up to date... I dunno any other method... =S

Thanks in advance for anyone that replies to this, and stay cool. =)

- MDashK
If you are using the RetroGameFan updates, then you do not need a patched version of the ROM. In fact, a patched version might cause conflicts. If you are having issues with a clean ROM, then it is likely that you either need to reformat your SD card or you have a bad dump. Try getting another ROM from another source. If that does not fix your problem, backup everything and do a full format of your SD card.

MDashK

Trophies
Website
www.mixwaves.net
XP
Country
Lacius said:
If you are using the RetroGameFan updates, then you do not need a patched version of the ROM. In fact, a patched version might cause conflicts. If you are having issues with a clean ROM, then it is likely that you either need to reformat your SD card or you have a bad dump. Try getting another ROM from another source. If that does not fix your problem, backup everything and do a full format of your SD card.

The dump I'm using is the clean XPA USA version. Also tryed the SUXXORS version. (supposed to be cracked, but it does the same freezing issues).
I already re-formatted my card lots of times, always using the Panasonic program. This is the oly game that does this freezing issues.

I might try to use the EUR rom version, but I haven't tried that yet.

Thanks for the reply. =)

MDashK

Trophies
Website
www.mixwaves.net
XP
Country
A Gay Little Catboy said:
Back up your card then reformat with this
Also make sure you are using the clean rom

Thanks but that does not help. =S
I always used that program since the beggining. This is the only game that does this freezing issues on me.
I always use clean rom dumps. The one I use, in this game, is the XPA USA version.

Is there a way to update the internal flash of the DSTTi Revolution card?

Thanks.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MDashK said:
Lacius said:

The dump I'm using is the clean XPA USA version. Also tryed the SUXXORS version. (supposed to be cracked, but it does the same freezing issues).
I already re-formatted my card lots of times, always using the Panasonic program. This is the oly game that does this freezing issues.

I might try to use the EUR rom version, but I haven't tried that yet.

Thanks for the reply. =)
So you have only tried one clean ROM. You might wish to try a second clean ROM like I originally suggested. As a form of troubleshooting, you might also want to try doing a full format of your SD card with the formatting software that came with your OS instead of the Panasonic software.

MDashK

Trophies
Website
www.mixwaves.net
XP
Country
Lacius said:
So you have only tried one clean ROM. You might wish to try a second clean ROM like I originally suggested. As a form of troubleshooting, you might also want to try doing a full format of your SD card with the formatting software that came with your OS instead of the Panasonic software.

Hi there, thanks for helping me out. =)

So, I got now the EUR BAHAMUT version, I'll try it and see if it freezes or now.
I'll post something here later on.

BTW: I also got a DS Phat with a M3 Simply card, and the game runs OK... Same SD card. Really don't know why the game does this...

Stay cool!

UPDATE: Well, still locks on me. =S Was just now playing the EUR BAHAMUT version, entered the BAG menu and it locked up. Black screen with music.

So... In 3 different dumps, all lock up. Being it when entering a building, accessing the bag, even when using FLY or SURF, the game locks... Butnot immediatly, only after a period of play-time...

Any ideas? =S

BTW: My DSTTi Upgrade Revolution cart is version 1.4.
Checked the official website for updates, but the recent firmware update they have, the version 1.21 (if not mistaken) they say it's only for version 1.4.1 carts, not 1.4?

Stay cool.

fcgfcg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys. I'm sorry to ask a question that is probably stupid and has already been made. How do I get this firmware to work with the latest DSi updates (1.42/1.43). Has anyone come up with a solution yet? If you could help me I'd be very grateful.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
fcgfcg said:
Hey guys. I'm sorry to ask a question that is probably stupid and has already been made. How do I get this firmware to work with the latest DSi updates (1.42/1.43). Has anyone come up with a solution yet? If you could help me I'd be very grateful.
Firmware does not equal kernel.
If the flashcard works on the DSi (or 3DS) then any kernel on it will work.
If the card doesn't work, then it doesn't matter what kernel is on it, the card won't work

Trophies
XP
Country
I download the last firmware and now all games are loading on 75% and then loading is stoped. I format my sd 2 times and all the same thing, games are loading on 75%. Can you help pls?

P.S. sorry for bad english
blush.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb