Hacking RetroGameFan Updates/Releases

Rokku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nebula91 said:
That would definitely be the problem then. It's likely the data has changed and you would have to ask RGF to add in the new data for the hacked version.

All right then, I'll be sure to.

ArcaneKnite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ArcaneKnite said:
Hey guys, I just got a DSTT off a friend and loaded YSMenu 6.56 onto it along with a copy of Pokemon White.

When I load the game, it works until I hit the New Game button, then I hear a clicking sound (like when the DS turns off) and the game just freezes at a black screen. Any ideas on why this is, or how to fix it?

I am using the original fat DS if it matters. Thanks in advance.

Problem still persists, but I followed the same procedure I did with my friend's DSTT and his runs the game without a hitch. Anybody have any ideas why mine is like that? =\ We're both using the same ROM, firmware and flash cart. He is using a DS Lite though.

GnarlFox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this work on NDSi v1.4.1? I'm using a NDTT and the YSMenu v6.56, but it gives me the error "An error has occurred. Press and hold the Power Button to turn the system off. Please see the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for help troubleshooting."

I just need the folder TTMenu and the filel TTMenu.dat with a Games folder in the root of my microSD card?

If it doesn't work with NDSi, would this setup work for a DSL/DSPhat?

This is what my root folder looks like:

69624315.png

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GnarlFox said:
Does this work on NDSi v1.4.1? I'm using a NDTT and the YSMenu v6.56, but it gives me the error "An error has occurred. Press and hold the Power Button to turn the system off. Please see the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for help troubleshooting."

I just need the folder TTMenu and the filel TTMenu.dat with a Games folder in the root of my microSD card?

That is relevant to your cards internal firmware. You would need to check with your cards homepage for a patch file, but it is unlikely that you will find one.

The error you describe means your card is not compatible. It will, however, work in a DS/L.
moogle.gif

GnarlFox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bunie said:
GnarlFox said:

That is relevant to your cards internal firmware. You would need to check with your cards homepage for a patch file, but it is unlikely that you will find one.

The error you describe means your card is not compatible. It will, however, work in a DS/L.
moogle.gif
Thanks for letting me know. I was wondering if that might be the issue.

Good to know it will work in a DS/L.

ajdiaz017

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sir i have green r4i from ndsill.net

i formatted my sd card using panasonic, I drag the TTMENU folder and TTMenu.dat and i rename the TTMENU folder to SYSTEM and TTMenu.dat to iLL.iL

it doesnt work sir.. help me sir. can u give the step by step.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
ajdiaz017 said:

i formatted my sd card using panasonic, I drag the TTMENU folder and TTMenu.dat and i rename the TTMENU folder to SYSTEM and TTMenu.dat to iLL.iL

Use the R4 Clone version and rename the YSmenu.nds to iLL.iL

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
ajdiaz017 said:
sir do i need to put the original firmware before putting the ysmenu.nds and the TTMenu folder?
You shouldn't need the original firmware and if there is dldi for your card, use that to patch the ysmenu.nds before renaming it.

plmqaz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
retro can you please fix the firmware to be able to play pokemon blaze black and volt white, ive tried editing the infolib and extlib and it didnt work still

retrogamefan

***DSTT Coder*** ***AP Destroyer***
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Rokku said:
All right then, I'll be sure to.
plmqaz said:
retro can you please fix the firmware to be able to play pokemon blaze black and volt white, ive tried editing the infolib and extlib and it didnt work still

They have both been added

ArcaneKnite said:
Problem still persists, but I followed the same procedure I did with my friend's DSTT and his runs the game without a hitch. Anybody have any ideas why mine is like that? =\ We're both using the same ROM, firmware and flash cart. He is using a DS Lite though.
Try your microSD in your friends cart and vice versa because it sounds like a microSD issue

QUOTE(GnarlFox @ Apr 5 2011, 01:53 PM) Does this work on NDSi v1.4.1? I'm using a NDTT and the YSMenu v6.56, but it gives me the error "An error has occurred. Press and hold the Power Button to turn the system off. Please see the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for help troubleshooting."
This is what my root folder looks like:
69624315.png
That error is because your DSi has been updated to v1.4.1, so you need to check your carts website to see if they provide a v1.4.1 update.
This will work on a DSL/Phat

QUOTE(ajdiaz017 @ Apr 5 2011, 07:27 PM)
Use the DSTT_DSTTi_YSMenu folder and copy the TTMenu folder and TTMenu.dat to the root of your microSD, then rename TTMenu.dat to iLL.iL
I have the blue R4i v1.45 from www.ndsiLL.net and can confirm that it works

Chickendippers

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GnarlFox said:

Dude, you don't have a TTmenu.sys!
That's the whole system file, without it, even if you had a DSTTi (You need a DSTTi, not DSTT to run it on a DSi), when you loaded it, it would just have a picture of a confused microSD card ( where the LOADING screen would be) and say "SYS?"

plmqaz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks alot retrro

edit: r u sure it has beeen editied cuz its still not working and the front page doesnt appear to be editied

plmqaz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nebula91 said:
plmqaz said:
thanks alot retrro

edit: r u sure it has beeen editied cuz its still not working and the front page doesnt appear to be editied
They've been added to v6.57
You'll have to wait for when he decides to release it

k thanks 4 the quick response

Nightwalk3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I just have one question... I noticed that "the other site" that hosted RGF's updates stopped doing it. That is why I just wanted to ask if it's only them, or RGF would stop releasing updates after 6.56 anywhere.

trigao

Ninten
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just honestly think that this site will not have more RGF updates, it will continue with the updates, but only here in GBATEMP .... this is what I think

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: yeah, i'm Anyone, that's just not my alias here