Hacking RetroGameFan Updates/Releases

dark0dax0

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have searched around multiple places for Color Cross (4965) in an infolib (Just get Error-4)

I got 3 different roms, all 3 have different CRC's (One was supposed to be 'clean' but was decrypted)
(I have also never found the CCRE code or CRC code inan infolib)

I am willing to put it in myself (Have DsLazy, R4cce, ndsts, ttdt, etc) just need a little guidance (or links) on finding the hex needed for editing part of the infolib/extinfo.

Thanks in Advance
-DarkDavy

retrogamefan

***DSTT Coder*** ***AP Destroyer***
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
dark0dax0,

the data in extinfo and infolib for CCRE Color Cross (U) is for the NukeThis release, which is the only clean dump of the game. Whenever a game is intially only released patched, that data is added but once a clean dump is released, the patched data is removed from extinfo and infolib and replaced with the clean data.
If you want to add a game yourself, you need to use TTdT, r4cce and eNDryptS Advanced 1.2.

1. Copy your game to eNDryptS Advanced 1.2 and then encrypt it.
2. Use r4cce to obtain the games encrypted gameID.
3. Use TTdT to add that encrypted gameID to extinfo and infolib.

saikkussu,

1. Backup your microSD to a folder on your PC.
2. Full Format your microSD with the Panasonic SD Formatter (it's in the Extras folder on my updates).
3. Copy the files inside the R4SDHC folder from v6.56 to the root of your microSD.
4. Create a Games folder on the root of your microSD and copy your games and saves to that folder.

saikkussu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanx Retro for your reply. :3

Unfortunately the process you told me to do was what i had on the sd card in the "r4 sdhc" when I was having problems.

Because of this it drove me to do a little neglected research and I regret to say that I was suckered by a fake. I should have known better when I first got it, but I had ignored it at the time because it worked. I was wrong to do so.

I'm sorry for being a biggot and I hope I didn't cause any inconvenience.

For those who were wondering how my card was fake:
Recently it started to overheat when used, the shell wasn't normal ds cart size, the board inside the shell slid around loose, the bottom edge of the cart stuck out past the chip and the shell lid. The closing deal of it though was when i opened up the shell. It was close in resemblence to the real circuitry, but it wasn't the same.

dark0dax0

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
retrogamefan said:
dark0dax0,

the data in extinfo and infolib for CCRE Color Cross (U) is for the NukeThis release, which is the only clean dump of the game. Whenever a game is intially only released patched, that data is added but once a clean dump is released, the patched data is removed from extinfo and infolib and replaced with the clean data.
If you want to add a game yourself, you need to use TTdT, r4cce and eNDryptS Advanced 1.2.

1. Copy your game to eNDryptS Advanced 1.2 and then encrypt it.
2. Use r4cce to obtain the games encrypted gameID.
3. Use TTdT to add that encrypted gameID to extinfo and infolib.

Your awesome. I got a few White screens but went looking for the NukeThis rom and it worked fine.
Thanks for your help.
If you need any Virtualization help let me know
wink.gif

-DarkDavy

ArcaneKnite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I just got a DSTT off a friend and loaded YSMenu 6.56 onto it along with a copy of Pokemon White.

When I load the game, it works until I hit the New Game button, then I hear a clicking sound (like when the DS turns off) and the game just freezes at a black screen. Any ideas on why this is, or how to fix it?

I am using the original fat DS if it matters. Thanks in advance.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
ArcaneKnite said:
Hey guys, I just got a DSTT off a friend and loaded YSMenu 6.56 onto it along with a copy of Pokemon White.

When I load the game, it works until I hit the New Game button, then I hear a clicking sound (like when the DS turns off) and the game just freezes at a black screen. Any ideas on why this is, or how to fix it?

I am using the original fat DS if it matters. Thanks in advance.
The game system doesn't matter. Try getting a new rom. I'd suggest the STD rom which is known to some as European rom but is actual a Region-Free game and the one I use.... And make sure it isn't patched and that you do NOT patch it. See if that works
smile.gif

ArcaneKnite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried 2 different ROMs already. Patched and unpatched.

I guess I'll give the STD ROM a shot, downloading it now.

Edit - Just downloaded the ROM and tried it, still doesn't work. Any other ideas guys?

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried backing your games and saves... And then formatting your card... And then putting the firmware and everything back on? If that doesn't work it may be something wrong with the card itself.

ArcaneKnite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried formatting my card and everything... Other ROMs work fine though, just played Mario Kart. It's just Pokemon Black and White that keep freezing after I hit new game.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
ArcaneKnite said:
Tried formatting my card and everything... Other ROMs work fine though, just played Mario Kart. It's just Pokemon Black and White that keep freezing after I hit new game.
Well, sorry then... Maybe Retro or someone else can help you when they get around.

Rokku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The extinfo and infolib doesn't have Pokemon Black (U) or Pokemon White (U), and thus I can't get those games to work.

Is this an upcoming update? Has someone else made newer extinfo and infolib files?

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Rokku said:
The extinfo and infolib doesn't have Pokemon Black (U) or Pokemon White (U), and thus I can't get those games to work.

Is this an upcoming update? Has someone else made newer extinfo and infolib files?
The roms are actually Region-Free from what I've read around here so playing the "European" game or the "USA" should work just fine.
I'd suggest updating your Savlib also and not just the extinfo and infolib to the latest also.... I'm not sure if it makes a difference but from the differences in file sizes over the latest updates, it may help.
Also backing up your games+save, formatting, and applying them back may help....

Rokku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nebula91 said:
Rokku said:

The roms are actually Region-Free from what I've read around here so playing the "European" game or the "USA" should work just fine.
I'd suggest updating your Savlib also and not just the extinfo and infolib to the latest also.... I'm not sure if it makes a difference but from the differences in file sizes over the latest updates, it may help.
Also backing up your games+save, formatting, and applying them back may help....

But I'm getting errcode=-4, which is always the sign of a game ID not being read.

So region free or not, the correct Game ID is not in the extinfo/infolib for RGF 6.56.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm just saying... It would be kind of hard to believe that the correct data isn't in while other people are playing it unless RGF stripped it out of the data at some point (which I doubt).

With them being Region-Free, it would be better for you to use the STD release because that's that one fixed in the extinfo/infolib/savlib when it first came out while the "U" release is just the same dump from a different person but with certain data stripped or changed.

... Did I suggest carrying over the Savlib too? If not then try adding that also.

Rokku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nebula91 said:
Well, I'm just saying... It would be kind of hard to believe that the correct data isn't in while other people are playing it unless RGF stripped it out of the data at some point (which I doubt).

With them being Region-Free, it would be better for you to use the STD release because that's that one fixed in the extinfo/infolib/savlib when it first came out while the "U" release is just the same dump from a different person but with certain data stripped or changed.

... Did I suggest carrying over the Savlib too? If not then try adding that also.

What is this "STD" release?

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
std-pokemonwhite.rar
http://gbatemp.net/t281298-ds-dsi-0124-pok...t&p=3489422
This is the one I play. I can play the "U" version too but there's a freeze issue when trying to reset in that one and it's fixed in this one.
Did you try to carry over the firmware with the newer Savlib/extinfo/infolin after formatting? If you've done all of this then I'm willing to bet it's an issue with your Cart or Micro SD.

Rokku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nebula91 said:
std-pokemonwhite.rar
http://gbatemp.net/t281298-ds-dsi-0124-pok...t&p=3489422
This is the one I play. I can play the "U" version too but there's a freeze issue when trying to reset in that one and it's fixed in this one.
Did you try to carry over the firmware with the newer Savlib/extinfo/infolin after formatting? If you've done all of this then I'm willing to bet it's an issue with your Cart or Micro SD.

I think it's the fact that I'm trying to play a hack (Drayano's Volt White hack), and thus the firmware doesn't like that and won't let me play.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He's old they're already roasted +1