Hacking RetroGameFan Updates/Releases

Faran Maqsood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Anyone else getting errcode=-4 with Ni No Kuni English patched rom? I have an R4 upgrade revolution clone card. Every other game I try works fine except this one. I am currently using v7.06. have tried formatting my memory card and trying a different one but to no avail.

ytsejam1138

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else getting errcode=-4 with Ni No Kuni English patched rom? I have an R4 upgrade revolution clone card. Every other game I try works fine except this one. I am currently using v7.06. have tried formatting my memory card and trying a different one but to no avail.

You need to apply the RetrogameFan patch on a clean Japanese ROM if you want to use it with YSMenu. You can find the patch here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ni-no-kuni-translation-eng.373770/

Dark_God_1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone else having trouble loading the Gen 5 Pokemon games? I've tried all of the different kernals, different rom versions, yet no luck! Can anyone help plz?

quirico_xp

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
First of all, I want to thank the work of RetroGameFan.
The post was edited on July 3.
In changelog appears version 7.07, but in downloads the old 7.06 still appears.

Is version 7.07 going to be uploaded?

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an R4i SDHC "Dual Core" 2015 card, for some reason it's getting caught on the ds boot screen before even hitting a Menu ? screen (seen here). I have copied over the Ysmenu and made sure that it's right numerous times, but keep failing on that. The original kernel does the same thing, even if I set the clock on the DS back to 2015, so I thought it might be the SD card, but I did a slow reformat with the panasonic formatter then put it back in and it's still doing it. Tried it in another DS to no avail.

Last edited by Hking0036,

Onur

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I have an R4i SDHC "Dual Core" 2015 card, for some reason it's getting caught on the ds boot screen before even hitting a Menu ? screen I have copied over the Ysmenu and made sure that it's right numerous times, but keep failing on that. The original kernel does the same thing, even if I set the clock on the DS back to 2015, so I thought it might be the SD card, but I did a slow reformat with the panasonic formatter then put it back in and it's still doing it. Tried it in another DS to no avail.
I have the same problem, I also tried various old original kernels but no avail.

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem, I also tried various old original kernels but no avail.
I think that the cart is having trouble connecting to the ds' cart slot or something - I tried it on another ds lite and had the same problem, all of my other carts work fine. Just went back to using my old school R4 with the 2gb limit.

Onur

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I think that the cart is having trouble connecting to the ds' cart slot or something - I tried it on another ds lite and had the same problem, all of my other carts work fine. Just went back to using my old school R4 with the 2gb limit.
I tried to stick paper to make sure the pins are touching but that did not help. It was working with my 2DS so I don't think it's a hardware thing. I'll also try with a 2GB card.

Cralex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to use RTS with YSmenu 7.06 ? I have a r4i-sdhc rts.

Real-Time Save? No, only the firmware that comes from your cart’s website will support that. YSmenu is more of a barebones cart firmware that you only use if your cart’s own firmware isn’t compatible enough with your games. All YSmenu can handle is cheats, so you’ll have to use your game’s own save feature if you use it.

Untot

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Hello @retrogamefan

Thank you very much for this awesome piece of software

I'd like to report a bug though.
My ndsl is freezing while scrolling through the games list.
I'm using the 2019 r4i gold pro by r4isdhc . Com
The firmware I'm using is 7.06 R4i-SDHC YSMenu installed as primary kernel

Btw the instructions say I shall use the DSONEi SDHC YSMenu folder

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The link to the translation patches in the first post is missing, is that intentional or an accident?

Does anyone have a link to it or copied the folder to their MEGA that they could share? I deleted mine due to space issues some time ago. Thanks!

BenRK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, is there any way to set the default folder this starts in as opposed to just the root folder? I'm trying to hide folders and files that are part of homebrew apps and the like to keep the menu clean.

Cralex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, is there any way to set the default folder this starts in as opposed to just the root folder? I'm trying to hide folders and files that are part of homebrew apps and the like to keep the menu clean.

I’m not sure about the default start folder, but you can easily hide folders if you have access to a Windows computer and set the folder/files to “Hidden” in the Properties window. YSmenu will respect the setting and hide what you choose to hide.

Last edited by Cralex,
Reactions: Untot and BenRK

BenRK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m not sure about the default start folder, but you can easily hide folders if you have access to a Windows computer and set the folder/files to “Hidden” in the Properties window. YSmenu will respect the setting and hide what you choose to hide.

Awesome! That's going to make things WAY cleaner on the menu. That did exactly what I wanted to do, thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all