Retroflag NESPi 4 case for Raspberry Pi 4 revealed + GBAtemp Review

NESPi 4 Case 2.jpg

If you're looking for a case for your Raspberry Pi you'll be hard pressed to find cases better received than the Retroflag line of classic console-inspired cases. In our Official GBAtemp Review we praised the Retroflag line-up for their exceptionally high quality and attention to detail. The cases are super faithful to the original retro consoles they were inspired by with functional switches, LEDs and support for cooling fans and more.

Since the RPi 3 compatible cases were released, the team at Retroflag have been hard at work creating a new range of Raspberry Pi 4 compatible cases and today we are proud to share with you their latest efforts in the form of the NESPi 4 case - their first Raspberry Pi 4 compatible case.

The NESPi 4 features full support for the RPi 4 with built-in heat dissipation, ventilation, SSD and USB 3 pass-through support, rear IO and more!

A new addition to the NESPi 4 is the SSD enclosure - the included NES style cartridge can be fitted with an SSD loaded with games for an authentic experience.

NESPi 4 Case.jpg
Retroflag NESPi 4 feature list said:
  • NES inspired design
  • NES cartridge style SSD enclosure slot
  • Built-in cooling solution
  • Functioning power and safe-shutdown; reset switches
  • Front USB ports with USB 3 passthrough
  • Rear IO panel
  • USB-C power adapter included

The NESPi 4 is now available on Amazon.com for $39.99 USD.

:arrow: Our Review of the Retroflag NESPi 4
:arrow: Retroflag Official Website

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm shocked that ETA Prime still hasn't dropped a video on this yet, it's been news since yesterday, and he's usually the first one to report on stuff like this.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Neat but I prefer Famicom version. That's dope!
I doubt you'll get an SSD inside a famicom cart, unless it's the short m.2 kind in a SATA adapter.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I'm shocked that ETA Prime still hasn't dropped a video on this yet, it's been news since yesterday, and he's usually the first one to report on stuff like this.

I'm betting we'll see one within the next 12-18 hours.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Normally I wouldn't give up on working tech but this might be the reason to sell my old RPi 3b and get a RPi4.

The SSD cart thing is cool but how will it work with Retropie? Can you just drag drop ROMs into it or do you have to assign a drive letter and then transfer files to it via network? EDIT: Oops, actually read the review. Never mind me asking that question.

Either way, I hope this opens up to the idea of an N64 case with the 64DD attachment holding the SSD.

Last edited by Harsky,

WiiHomebrew+Snes

Member of GBAtemp's shadow district
Trophies
Website
www.lucar.io
XP
Country
United States
Personally I like their Super Famicom case the best, hope they update that for the 4 as well. also their gameboy one is impressive. Building off Harsky's idea, they should make a famicom case with the disk system holding the SSD.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I really like the idea of the SSD cartridge, but I would want to have multiple to get that authentic experience of swapping cartridges. One for Lakka, one for Kodi, one for vanilla Raspbian etc.
Personally I like their Super Famicom case the best, hope they update that for the 4 as well. also their gameboy one is impressive. Building off Harsky's idea, they should make a famicom case with the disk system holding the SSD.
Agreed. I have just about no nostalgia for the NES, so a SNES version would be ideal.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Agreed. I have just about no nostalgia for the NES, so a SNES version would be ideal.
Me too. I love the look of the SNES as a whole, but the bootleg LEGO-ish SNES is just awful. Although the labels on the bootleg LEGO-ish SNES cartridges were a pretty cool feature while the SNES cartridges didn't have.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope they make a dreamcast version.
Though overall would be nice to see am original case with all these features.
Not so sold on the SSD slot since I'd worry about damaging pins switching carts too much.
Then again an SSD being so big would be hard to make a lot of use of multiple carts anyway.
Still fun idea.

Last edited by shadow1w2,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1