Homebrew Question RetroArch Yabause & Reicast

Fife Dawg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi anyone know how to speed up the Saturn emulator, Yabause for Switch retroarch? Seems to run a lot slower than the others. I note from various Youtube videos that the Saturn was a lot more difficult to emulate than the PSX and other consoles from that era but has there been any progress in recent months?

Also, is there a working version of Reicast available for Switch retroarch?

FD

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It’s early days yet bruh.

^This, and know that the Saturn emulator, regardless of whatever emulator you use, (tbh, even on Windows, Saturn emulation tends to suck, either because you need to use Daemon Tools because loading a disc file directly is not supported, or the software is so old that, even when it's now finally seeing work done, it still has a ways to go before it's on the level of something like SNES9x, ePSXE (even if not everyone seems to like the emulator these days, there's no denying that, once set up, everything usually tends to just work), or Dolphin) is a demanding task because the Saturn, in some ways, was thinking ahead of its time before it was really practical to do so. Dreamcast emulation is probably more demanding, but I just don't know since any serious emulation efforts that haven't died out, morphed into other projects, went closed source, or the development was continued onward by a group of devs in Russia of all places have really emulated EVERYTHING Dreamcast-related without being a configuration nightmare for someone with a HTPC: NAOMI, Atomiswave, just about anything that requires Windows CE (AFAIK) to be emulated in some form or fashion.

Let me put it like this: there's a lot of people looking forward to N64 emulation atm. Personally, I didn't grow up with the N64, as my brothers were more about the PS1. Still, it was a popular system for a lot of Nintendo fans, and with there being bounties to make a dynamic recompiler (think of this as being like a translator from one machine language to another) for the emulator to work with Retroarch on the Switch's ARM CPU, you can bet that the Dreamcast and the Saturn will come later, though I can definitely see those systems at least having a chance. I think it'd take a miracle or some official emulator injection for us to be able to play that on the Switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things