Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

hadi aulia

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
is there a recomended list of most compatible cores for each system? it doesnt need the most accurate one

also if i switch to other gui example rgui would it improve retroarch performance?

jjonesmnn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Aruba
I figured out my issue. If anyone else is running into a constant black screen for a brand new install of RetroArch and you use macOS, the issue is with all the trash macOS puts on the SD card. I'd recommend using BlueHarvest or a Windows system to delete all the hidden files created by Spotlight and Finder.

ber71

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have it installed as a forwarder, so you don't have to create a new installable channel every time there is an update. I don't have the WUP files anymore to install yourself, but I'm pretty sure it was created via the standard Haxchi method, if you've ever made a Wii U homebrew forwarder through the Haxchi means before, it should be the same method to do so for Retroarch as well.

Yeah but a forwarder still needs the sdcard. My suggestion is a little beyond a forwarder. It would be a complete channel that you can install entirely to USB or internal storage.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but a forwarder still needs the sdcard. My suggestion is a little beyond a forwarder. It would be a complete channel that you can install entirely to USB or internal storage.
I don't know why you'd want that. You'd be stuck with the version you install, unless you'd want to create a new channel for each new update. But hey, you do you I guess.

Reactions: TatsuHun

jjonesmnn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Aruba
The sound and some of the graphics in LowRes games seem to be messed up, is there a fix for this?
I think I noticed this with the 12/10/21 nightly in Battletoads Arcade using Final Burn Neo core. No audio and parts of the title graphics like the names of each character were blurry.

Simpsons and TMNT worked great so not all arcade games.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
I think I noticed this with the 12/10/21 nightly in Battletoads Arcade using Final Burn Neo core. No audio and parts of the title graphics like the names of each character were blurry.

FBNeo (and Alpha before it) were traditionally developed only for little-endian CPUs, while the Wii U is big-endian. Without getting technical, big-endian CPUs expect to read data in the opposite direction to little-endian CPUs. This can sometimes result in these kinds of bugs, where things mostly work but are a little bit backward. The FBNeo team is extremely responsive to bug reports and has fixed tons of endian bugs, so it's worth reporting if you've found one.

Nomado

Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
I tried several Genesis roms and Genesis Plus GX doesn't have screen tearing but Picodrive seem to have screen tearings everywhere. Is this due to Picodrive core itself or is there any settings to reduce screen tearings? I have enabled Vsync settings. I have Freesync Monitor but I presume it doesn't work with WiiU?
Also I loaded MK3 and it looks awful with lots of checkerboarded dithering. I don't thinkg CRT when I was a kid showed that. Is there anyway to improve it?

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

But those are using a different core. LowRes is a fantasy system that homebrewers make games for (much like the Pico 8), you're talking about arcade games, which use a different core entirely.

jjonesmnn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Aruba
@
The FBNeo team is extremely responsive to bug reports and has fixed tons of endian bugs, so it's worth reporting if you've found one.
Ahhh that makes a lot of sense. I have some background in reverse engineering / programming but never in emulation / console space. I'll do some additional testing and gather details to open a bug report.

But those are using a different core. LowRes is a fantasy system that homebrewers make games for (much like the Pico 8), you're talking about arcade games, which use a different core entirely.
My bad. I was thinking LowRes equated to low resolution. I see now it's a different core.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Canonnball core freezes when i press "Play Game" in OutRun. It loads the core and the game so I can edit settings, etc.. but as soon as I press "Play Game" it crashes. Anyone know of a fix? I have the correct rom files inside the Canonnball directory
Hi
Has been broken for quite a long time. I'm afraid it won't be fixed. You can still play Outrun via mame2003+ (full speed but no achievements) or fbneo (some slowdowns but achievements support)

Nomado

Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
It is working fine With PCE Fast.
Hmm. When I try around with Retroarch on Wii U. PCE cores seem to spit out error and freeze Wii U until I manually start a lot.
Happens quite often when loading TG-16 roms with Beetle PCE. What could be the issue? Or is Retroarch on WiiU or Beetle PCE unstable? Or is it due to the rom? I tried sourcing that certain rom from other places and it was same.

Reactions: sabandellos

sabandellos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmm. When I try around with Retroarch on Wii U. PCE cores seem to spit out error and freeze Wii U until I manually start a lot.
Happens quite often when loading TG-16 roms with Beetle PCE. What could be the issue? Or is Retroarch on WiiU or Beetle PCE unstable? Or is it due to the rom? I tried sourcing that certain rom from other places and it was same.
The same issue here :cry:
I´m using RetroArch v 1.8.4 just overwriting CrazyMAC pack version without changing anything
The rest is working fine

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol