Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

LeNoobio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you can't load Wii U Plugin System then load another homebrew app, not sure about stand alone padcon tho.

Thanks for the input. I read into what this does, it should work but is not exactly what I was going for.

I was more thinking of a way to be able to more conveniently switch between Gamepad usage and TV usage (more for rarely happening retro multiplayer sessions :D).
So I would have loved to set some auto-configs like in playlists within retroarch, which when selected disable the gamepad, change controller order to Pro Controllers (Player 1 and Player 2).

Guess sth. like that is simply not doable.

thx anyways ! :bow:

Last edited by LeNoobio,

MaK11-12

Trophies
Website
www.deltabeard.com
XP
Country
Do you if this Core would work for WiiU? https://github.com/libretro/libretro-mpv
WiiU has no Media Player to speak of.. This would be really good for WiiU. :)

libretro-mpv dev here. libmpv requires at least OpenGL 2.1 or OpenGL ES 2 support to work. I don't know much about the Wii U, but if it has OpenGL support, then it is possible to use libretro-mpv with it.

No idea, building ffmpeg is difficult

I think building ffmpeg is very easy. There are builds for the 3DS even. Why do you think building ffmpeg is difficult?

Reactions: ploggy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
libretro-mpv dev here. libmpv requires at least OpenGL 2.1 or OpenGL ES 2 support to work. I don't know much about the Wii U, but if it has OpenGL support, then it is possible to use libretro-mpv with it.

I think building ffmpeg is very easy. There are builds for the 3DS even. Why do you think building ffmpeg is difficult?
Hi there, and welcome :) I'm not sure if WiiU uses OpenGL? IIRC the WiiU uses GX2 with apparently shares similarities to OpenGL.. I would be great to have any type of MediaPlayer on WiiU. :)

Last edited by ploggy,

MaK11-12

Trophies
Website
www.deltabeard.com
XP
Country
Hi there, and welcome :) I'm not sure if WiiU uses OpenGL? IIRC the WiiU uses GX2 with apparently shares similarities to OpenGL.. I would be great to have any type of MediaPlayer on WiiU. :)

If it's similar enough, then either a GX2/OpenGL wrapper could be made, or someone could implement GX2 support to the libmpv Render API. I have little knowledge of either, and also don't have a Wii U to test, so someone else will have to do it unfortunately.

Maybe the internal video player that Retroarch currently has will work? I think it uses a software renderer which may work, but it's pretty slow.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If it's similar enough, then either a GX2/OpenGL wrapper could be made, or someone could implement GX2 support to the libmpv Render API. I have little knowledge of either, and also don't have a Wii U to test, so someone else will have to do it unfortunately.

Maybe the internal video player that Retroarch currently has will work? I think it uses a software renderer which may work, but it's pretty slow.
I dunno, hopefully. I know nothing when it comes to Mediaplayers except using them :P As it stands our only option to use a Mediaplayer on WiiU is to load the OG Wii Mediaplayer WIIMC :P

katedering

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I managed to get RetroArch running on my WiiU after noobing it up a bit, but it doesn't want to save states/screenshots/save files... they save to the SD card and the system "says" it's loading (will save and load fine during same session) but whenever I turn off the console and start it up again, it won't load the savestate anymore.

Any reason why? I looked it up and couldn't find anything.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by the_randomizer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: +1