viktor0590

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, guys.

I need some help with input configuration for wiimote in retroarch, especially wiimote + nunchuk.

It seems I can't manually choose what most of the buttons do, when configuring inputs A and B on the wiimote don't respond and C and Z on the nunchuk don't respond either. Also there seems to be no way to configure the standalone wiimote. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks a lot

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Go to the Input menu, and disable the option that's called Auto Detection, I think it was.
If it's ON it will create this problem.

I hope that fixes your problem, because I've seen this question several times and the Auto Detection was always the problem (As it was in my case, when I started using RA, lol).

viktor0590

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I turned auto detection off and it still doesn't take any input except for the analog stick in the nunchuk :(

Here's a screenshot of my input configuration screen:
347bqkl.jpg

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
If that doesn't work, I think the next step is to modify the .CFG file from the computer, you have to locate retroarch.cfg and change the input values.

The problem right now is that the Libretro forums are in maintenance and I can't find that much info for this in the archive. There was a list of what number was each button but I'm unable to see it...

By the way, try if the standalone wiimote can be changed now that you have that option off. I remember the issue with the nunchuck and the issue wiimote were different things.

Also , try to not have any other thing plugged in the Wii, like GC controllers. Just in case.

viktor0590

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The standalone wiimote doesn't respond either :/ I also don't have any other controller connected

Was there a specific post in the libretro forums that had what lines to change for the wiimote + nunchuk configuration?

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
SuperrSonic already replied to you in the libreto forums, (Which by the way have changed quite a bit, lol).

He gave you this link:
http://libretro.com/forums/threads/1733-Mapping-buttons-from-cfg-file

The important part is this:
Nunchuk Z = 54 and Nunchuk C = 55, simply find those numbers and swap them.

You should see what input do you want to change, and change it for 54 or 55, depending of what do you need. Sadly, the links in that thread are dead, that's why I couldn't find the values before.

Try to do that, and thank him too.

It sure would be handy a list of each input and it's number.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
After seeing the trouble you 're in, i uploaded my custom retroarch 1.0.0.2 cores along with their respective .ini files, as well as borders and resolutions for portable consoles preconfigured. Each core is renamed aftert the machine it emulates.
Wiimote only controls work for SNES, (ABXY=1,2,B,A), Doom, Neogeo, FBA, CPS1,CPS2, GB, GBC, NES, Master System, GG, Mega Drive, Sega CD, TG16, TG16-CD, NGP, Wonderswan and GBA.

I also threw in the Doom music files for the prboom core :)

P.S. Put the roms of each emu in the correct folder, my file structure should be obvious.
Download link (unzip & paste onto SD card):
https://www.sendspace.com/file/5a9wmj

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended