I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
OP
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
This will be the continuation of @zerofalcon's thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-unofficial-extra-cores.405410/

These cores i will mention here are not available within nightly builds, so I compiled and uploaded these for those people who want to test it or like to play with those tiny and classic emulators.
Be aware that some cores won't have so much performance (such Virtual Jaguar), and some cores aren't finished/updated anymore.

All these UNOFFICIAL cores were compiled with RetroArch Wii GUI v1.15.0

Cores I will post here:
For get the .info files of the cores for be able to use them, download them at https://github.com/libretro/libretro-core-info

Please test these builds of cores, thanks ;)

- saulfabreg

Attachments

• genesis_plus_gx_libretro_wii.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 54
  • mame2003_midway_libretro_wii.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 65
  • virtualjaguar_libretro_wii.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 37
  • dosbox_libretro_wii.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 57
  • dosbox_svn_libretro_wii.zip
    2 MB · Views: 53
  • picodrive_irixxxx_libretro_wii_11052023.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 56
  • a5200_libretro_wii_15082023.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 21
  • vbam_libretro_wii_18082023.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 37
  • potator_libretro_wii_14082023.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 29
  • hatari_libretro_wii.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 33
  • frodo_libretro_wii_18012024.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
Last edited by SaulFabre,

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador

Attachments

• picodrive_irixxxx_ppcdynarec_unstable_libretro_wii_11052023.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 41
  • dosbox_svn_ppcdynarec_unstable_libretro_wii_11052023.zip
    2 MB · Views: 40
Last edited by SaulFabre,

AdamCatalyst

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Saul, long time no talk. Quick question: to the best of your knowledge, has anyone been able to fix the crackling audio in Picodrive with 32x games?
Post automatically merged:

p.s. @SaulFabre Your builds of PicoDrive are identical. picodrive_irixxxx_libretro_wii.dol is a bit perfect copy of picodrive_irixxxx_ppcdynarec_unstable_libretro_wii.dol, or so my computer tells me.

Last edited by AdamCatalyst,
Reactions: SaulFabre

gt6plus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hi Saul
The info file is not included in your download of picodrive_irixxxx_libretro_wii.dol
Can I just use the picodrive info file from the latest official libretro release?
Thanks
yes, u can still use the .info file from Libretro, it will still work fine ;)

Reactions: gt6plus

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hi @SaulFabre,

thanks for your work.

Since you obviously have the build environment, would it be too much to ask that you also provide genesis_plus_gx_wide_libretro_wii.dol?
Genesis Plus GX Wide it's already officially included on latest RA Wii builds...

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
As @SaulFabre said, Gebesis Plus Wide core is indeed included in official RetroArch-Wii releases...

But you won't be able to take advantage of the increased resolution to play widescreen. The Wii isn't capable enough. Just like ir can't use BSNES neither.
Also, little sidenote, RetroArch 1.15.0 won't save configuration even with .config files. So we're stuck with Genesis Plus core which works up to 1.9.0 or Genesis Plus Wide which works in all versions, but again, won't save configuration files.

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Very curious, I did not know about this particular system! I will look for information about it.

Oh, and I wonder, did the Virtual Boy core ever got fixed?

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
works very well thank you for your excellent work

Quick Question, how do you manage to make images on RA work? i NEVER, EVER got any luck, and let alone older versions of RA that had the Image Viewer core that didnt work for shit, also can you finally load PNGs and JPEGs or videos on RA wii? would make some experiments less of a hassle.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Quick Question, how do you manage to make images on RA work? i NEVER, EVER got any luck, and let alone older versions of RA that had the Image Viewer core that didnt work for shit, also can you finally load PNGs and JPEGs or videos on RA wii? would make some experiments less of a hassle.
That feature of displaying pics is called a Playlist.
You have to manually create a Playlist within RetroArch to get this to work, or at least that's how it works in PC.

Your games must match a database within RetroArch in order to download each picture (Boxart, Screenshots, Titlescreens or Covers) for each game.

Didn't knew that the old Wii could handle this.

cheloruiz79

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
If for it to work you must create a playlist for each system, first you create a folder with the name thumbnail in ; sd or usb/retroarch/thumbnails inside the thumbnails folder you put the systems folders. example; sd/retroarch/thumbnails/snes. The snes folder must have the exact same name as the snes folder of the roms. example; sd/roms/snes. now in the snes folder you created inside thumbnails create 3 folders Named_Boxarts, Named_Snaps, Named_Titles, in those folders put the images here with each system then open retroarch go to playlist/import content/manual scancontent directory and select the snes roms folder then select the retroarch core that you want for snes you also select the extension of the rom if it is in zip write zip or snes it depends on the format of your rom and below you give start scan to create the list when you do it it seems that it was not doing anything Just wait 15 seconds and then the snes list will appear, then in retroarch settings you enter setting/user interface/appearance/show playlist thumbnail you put it on and that's it sorry my english I'm using the translator I hope it works for you

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
A5200 Core, I know this is in the first post, but this Core has been broken (and now fixed) and hopefully added to the Wii buildbot later today ;)
Hey @ploggy, thanks! I could add your updated build to the first post replacing the old broken one.

Question: any chance for see how to fix video on VBA-M core when compiled for Wii? It compiles fine but when I tested any game I loaded it just displayed a white screen.

Reactions: cheloruiz79

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey @ploggy, thanks! I could add your updated build to the first post replacing the old broken one.

Question: any chance for see how to fix video on VBA-M core when compiled for Wii? It compiles fine but when I tested any game I loaded it just displayed a white screen.
Sorry I can compile some Cores but when it comes to actually fixing code I haven't got a clue ha ha.
Any reason you want VBA-M to work in particular?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Fucking lame. Thread viewed 1000 times and only one reply that doesnt even answer what I asked.