Homebrew RetroArch Wii | Sound disappears while playing

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure what's going on. Since it was working at first, I made a point to not mess with the settings of RetroArch the first time around.

But lately when starting up the Wii to play Rockman 4 Minus Infinity on it, the sound would just... die, while playing. This is especially frustrating since i'm usually streaming gameplay and need to de-rust.

Nothing I could find within Retroarch itself seems to have resolved it, and it's entirely sporadic as heck. It might come back later, or be extremely low volume if it does, but it's basically inaudible when I'm playing and I don't understand why it would do this.

I've tried to see if there was a setting I could adjust that would reasonably solve the problem. I've tried removing RetroArch and copying a fresh extraction of it back to the SD card. I've also tried newer versions (was a couple behind the latest possible according to WiiBrew). While I prefer Nestopia core, I even tried FCEUmm and I still get the same problem. And the problem is reflected in both the video capture, and when I switch the input on the TV to Component from the Wii, so it has to be an issue with the program.

Not sure what else I can do, since I can't seem to find an older version to try instead.

Reactions: SaulFabre

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hmm, worth a shot. I had since boxed up my Wii from lack of room; also, since got myself a Switch I can run the current stuff on.

Never did figure out how to run the WiiU version of RetroArch, either.
RA-HEXAECO is a mod of RetroArch Wii with many bugfixes, improvements and changes.
It removes every useless, broken and crashing settings on Wii and adds many features made exclusively for the Wii.
It was made by the great user @SuperrSonic.

Reactions: codezer0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it