Homebrew Retroarch - Sega CD games have no music

tmnr1992

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a bunch of Sega CD games in iso+ogg format, they used to work perfectly on my old Wii using Genesis Plus GX (version 1.7.5 RC1 i believe), but now on my Wii U the games boot up and have sound effects, but there's no music. I'm using the latest stable retroarch version 1.7.6 and Genesis Plus GX core and have the correct bios files (i checked the MD5 just to be sure) in the system folder, still the music won't play in any of the games that I've tested.

I followed this tutorial: https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/th...e-space-on-turbo-cd-pc-engine-cd-games.62744/
Not sure if i did anything wrong as I did the same to my turbografx CD games and those have no issues with playing music. I also tested converting the bin/cue files to chd and while that did fix the problem I'd rather use this as a last resort since iso+ogg files are much smaller than chd.

tmnr1992

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried using bin/cue files?

I ripped the iso+ogg files from bin/cue.
Tried loading the bin/cue directly on retroarch and it works, music and all. Chd and iso+wav work as well, iso+ogg is the only one that won't play any music, but files are the smallest so i really need it as i have a limited storage space.

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Indeed ripped CDs images don't have music supported. Non-ripped ISOs work..
You could compress to CHD files.

tmnr1992

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Indeed ripped CDs images don't have music supported. Non-ripped ISOs work..
You could compress to CHD files.

That's strange since libretro's website says the following: For Sega-CD games, ISO + WAV, BIN + CUE and ISO + OGG formats are supported; ISO + MP3 is not supported. Guess this applies only for the PC version of retroarch? If so I'll have to stick to chd for now.

Reactions: depaul

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr