Retroarch/PCSX ReARMed's PSOne emulation is MUCH better than I thought, but no sound out of Retro...

Waygeek Jun 16, 2019.

1. Waygeek
    OP

Waygeek GBAtemp Regular

May 14, 2013
    Seoul, Korea
    Sounds works fine both through speaker and headphone jack with other software. I had sound, but it was very buggy, now it seems to have gone altogether. I did change to an XBM style menu, maybe that did it? Fiddled around with the menus lots, can't seem to get it working. It's not just PSOne, but SNES cores too. Both launched through Retroarch and the cias that get installed when you install a core. Version 2048 (2.0.0). Any fixes for this? I'm really surprised how good PSOne emulation is, at least on the New 3DS. I was under the impression it's not really usable.

2. make sure u have a sound driver picked

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

you need resampler driver too

use "nearest"

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

ps1 emu is decent just not optimised

3. plug313

plug313 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 27, 2016
    yeah it's not THAT bad. the only reason we don't have good PS1 emulation on the New 3DS is just because no talented developer has given it a shot yet, but who knows someday?

4. Waygeek
    OP

Waygeek GBAtemp Regular

May 14, 2013
    Seoul, Korea
    OK reinstalled completely and got sound back but there are a LOT of pops, make it unplayable IMO any fix for this?

Also, I had some games running at 60fps before, but they are half that now, not sure what I turned on/off last time, what options increase performance? I didn't have to use frameskip to do this before.

Shouls 'PSX Core' be at 100 or the default of 50?

Is there a per title guide for getting Retroarch performing well on N3DS?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted